• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Tradd Moore Doc Strange drop
2 2

116 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2023 at 1:05 AM, Carlo M said:

Wasn’t Capullo asking similar prices on his Batman work ? Not sure he sold as much though 

I've heard that, don't know that I ever saw it.

Dark Knight Golden Child art by Grampa was offered at similar prices. Don't know what sold.

Fall Sunrise had high prices and immediate sell out. I wonder how long it actually took. 10 min?

Felix was really quick with some of the "sorry, already claimed" emails. I went for a DPS and panel page.

On 4/28/2023 at 7:24 AM, Ecclectica said:

Thanks. Is there an abbreviation for "mini-series" ?

I've seen people use "LS" (for limited series), e.g., "the Wolverine LS" [from 1982], but, had never before seen anyone use MS for mini-series. 

I try hard not pay a premium solely for lack of supply because the art will some day be out there and one day it will be all out there what I like is when it’s all on the market and the market determines it’s true value… like I do not believe supply for this artist will get less… don’t get me wrong like the art don’t love the price but hey if people will pay…

On 4/29/2023 at 8:20 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Nice work, but I’ll pass.

Tradd’s art is pretty neat, but I cannot see any of these pages reselling for a profit or at break-even in the future. I’m my opinion, it will take years for the art to mature into what people are paying.

I have had this opinion for many years: new art is a bad investment. Once the heat dies on this series, I think people are going to sit back and wonder to themselves “what the heck was I thinking?”.

Kudos to Felix for being a great artist rep and helping the art sell out. No one can ever doubt his marketing ability.

On 4/28/2023 at 6:24 AM, Ecclectica said:

Thanks. Is there an abbreviation for "mini-series" ?

Not that I've ever seen. MS for the disease as mentioned, MS for manuscript, MS for the state of Mississippi, Ms. for relationship neutral address to a woman. There are many others, but this is the first time I've encountered it for "mini-series."

On 4/29/2023 at 8:46 AM, Michael Browning said:

Tradd’s art is pretty neat, but I cannot see any of these pages reselling for a profit or at break-even in the future. I’m my opinion, it will take years for the art to mature into what people are paying.

I have had this opinion for many years: new art is a bad investment. Once the heat dies on this series, I think people are going to sit back and wonder to themselves “what the heck was I thinking?”.

Kudos to Felix for being a great artist rep and helping the art sell out. No one can ever doubt his marketing ability.

For the money, I like a number of Alvaro Bueno’s art which just showed up on CAT. Part of the “realistic” school, with nicely done pencils, and some inks.