• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passing of Thomas Alan Drew-DJPinkpanther67
11 11

152 posts in this topic

Sad news.

Didn’t really know him on here, but very clear we had similar tastes in our comic book interests.

Was shocked when I read this posting.  Last time we interacted was a PM where we were discussing missing each other at the Greenville ComicCon last year.  Please let me (and of course other board members) know what we can do to help out his family at this terrible time. He will definitely be missed.  Paul~

On 4/30/2023 at 3:23 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Wow that's terrible. Thomas was a solid dude.

Any news why and how to send flowers/make donations?

Joey is going to speak with his wife on Tuesday, as Thomas told her to call him if anything happened with him so maybe he'll have more details after he speaks with her.

On 4/30/2023 at 3:55 PM, skypinkblu said:

I left Joe a message, if she needs help, I'll help organize whatever they think is best...

Joe got on an earlier flight than scheduled so he's home now.  He'll provide us with details when he has info to share. 

On 4/30/2023 at 11:04 AM, namisgr said:

Great guy, and a supportive and enthusiastic fellow collector.  Leaving behind 6 children/step-children.  This is heartbreaking news.

Man, that’s rough.

RIP and condolences to the family

Thomas was a good friend with whom I shared lots of text conversations.  We were both supportive of each other's endeavors.  He was instrumental in helping me acquire several big purchases.  Thomas loved the hobby.  May he rest in peace and forever in our hearts and memories. :foryou:

Wow, I am so shocked.  I don't interact all that often directly with people on the boards, but I reached out to him on a subject last month and have had a running conversation since then.  I thought this was a man who really loved this hobby and was just a real nice guy.  My prayers and condolences go out to his family at this time.

• Administrator

Very sad news.  Thomas posted all of the birthday threads for years.  Not too long ago, we shared a PM.  Condolences to all of his family.  

On 4/30/2023 at 6:57 PM, greggy said:

Joe got on an earlier flight than scheduled so he's home now.  He'll provide us with details when he has info to share. 

Once I can speak to Carmen, I will let the birds know what the family needs. I am still in shock. I had to text him an hour or so before he passed.