• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Memory of Thomas Drew our DJPinkpanther67 and to help his family in their time of need. Recap Page 24 more is most welcome!!
25 25

518 posts in this topic

You got it. Dm address and information and I’ll get you packed up tonight. 

Thanks for the purchase !

On 5/5/2023 at 5:06 PM, thirdgreenham said:

:takeit: 

if you don’t mind shipping to Canada

thanks,

Andy

Don’t forget the “or more” though. It’s for charity 😇

Edited by BlackOut21

On 5/5/2023 at 3:57 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

My deepest condolences to the Drew family. I also have a father who is no longer with us; he was deeply invested in the world of comics, as I'm sure Thomas was to the fullest. I'm donating a few comics. It's not much; I'm a young collector, but I want to chip in four books for now.

Lot of 2: 1973-1974 fanzine reprints of Golden Age classics. $30 shipped.

20230505_124148.thumb.jpg.9a82aa438660e322ad7cc96b675c22e1.jpg

20230505_124200.thumb.jpg.b2b1e8ccc6a4315fec6856f1cda54c3f.jpg

20230505_124248.thumb.jpg.605e2dabf3c720c2f4ce07fe2d4139dd.jpg

take

On 5/5/2023 at 3:42 PM, mycomicshop said:

:takeit: @reed_richards 

Thank you for sharing about your father. My grandfather was in the navy in the pacific during WWII.

@mycomicshop, Conan, I'm sorry but It looks like Comical Situations took this set first.

Everyone, if you could mark SOLD at the top with the name of the person who bought the item, it would save me a ton of time ...and if you could use a color like Red, so people could see, please?

Not singling you out, @reed_richards, only two other people marked them that way, I just found it helped me a lot while keeping a list.

I'm finally up to page 5, for the spreadsheet, looks like most everything is sold, but I'm not sure yet what was paid for, so once I go through the Gofundmelist, I might be sending a few pms.. Thanks again ...and we NEED MORE BOOKS listed! Pretty please..

On 5/5/2023 at 9:06 PM, mycomicshop said:

Oh okay, thanks. I thought I'd managed to keep up with what was taken and what wasn't but missed that. 

You did just fine...thank you.  Took me a while to go through it all and I still need to go back.

I have a few names that I think I know, but I'm not sure...I know the first names, but not the last ones...I don't want to post them here to say "are you ...so and so and did you pay", so I may be sending you a PM...

There seems to be a tiny bit of confusion about gofundme.

If you want to pay for a book, gofundme is pretty easy. No, there are no fees, BUT they ask for a tip. You don't HAVE to tip...but if they don't have fees and you don't tip they won't stay in business.

Once you are on gofundme, you can easily chose to be anonymous if you wish...and you can pay gofundme using your PP account. They don't ask if it's personal, it pops up just like a store invoice would.

So that's an easy way to Pay and Carmen will have one place to look (with a couple of exceptions)

On 5/5/2023 at 3:55 PM, sckao said:

Thanks Andy, @thirdgreenham

Thomas was an active participant at most of the Grading Contests and other Board Events from 2007 on (with Andy hosting/running many of them), and we have those PMs stretching back over 14-15 years.

He sure was! 

On 5/5/2023 at 5:17 PM, skypinkblu said:

@mycomicshop, Conan, I'm sorry but It looks like Comical Situations took this set first.

Everyone, if you could mark SOLD at the top with the name of the person who bought the item, it would save me a ton of time ...and if you could use a color like Red, so people could see, please?

Not singling you out, @reed_richards, only two other people marked them that way, I just found it helped me a lot while keeping a list.

I'm finally up to page 5, for the spreadsheet, looks like most everything is sold, but I'm not sure yet what was paid for, so once I go through the Gofundmelist, I might be sending a few pms.. Thanks again ...and we NEED MORE BOOKS listed! Pretty please..

Done.

TJ

On 5/5/2023 at 10:12 PM, Sandflea said:

Bob Layton Invincible Iron Man Artist Select Series Hardcover 

John Byrne Fantastic Four Artist Select Series Hardcover

John Byrne’s Marvel Classics Artifact Edition Hardcover 

Many condolences to Mrs. Drew & family; R. I. P. Mr. Drew :sorry:

^^

On 5/5/2023 at 9:54 PM, reed_richards said:

I've been on the Boards for 15-16 years.  I never met Drew Thomas, but understand he was a Fantastic Four collector like me.  So I am happy to offer another lot of books for sale to help his family in their time of need.  That is what being a Board member is all about!

DC comics this time.   BIN price is $200.  I'll cover shipping to CONUS.  The books are complete to the best of my knowledge with covers & centerfolds attached unless otherwise noted.  Back covers clean.  No store/date stamps or handwriting unless otherwise noted.  All books bagged & boarded.  Approximate grades given.

Doom Patrol 87 CGC 6.5 Universal blue label OWW Robot cover

World's Finest 175 (Centerfold detached) G/G+

World's Finest 178 VF- (Green Arrow appearance)

World's Finest 180 FN/VF

World's Finest 181 G/G+

World's Finest 182 FN/VF- (Silent Knight back up story)

World's Finest 184 FN/FN+ (Date stamp on front cover) (Martian Manhunter back up story)

World's Finest 185 FN/FN+ (Tommy Tomorrow back up story)

And a book I am only willing to sell here to benefit the Thomas family!

Showcase 55 VG/FN (The Super-Team Supreme-Doctor Fate & Hourman with first Silver Age Solomon Grundy appearance)

Doom Patrol 87 CGC 6.5.jpg

WF 175.jpg

WF 178.jpg

WF 180.jpg

WF 181.jpg

WF 182.jpg

WF 184.jpg

WF 185.jpg

Showcase 55.jpg

Take

I’m so sorry this happened.