• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad News - R.I.P. Richard Olson - Yellow Kid
6 6

108 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2024 at 12:36 PM, PDGray said:

Ok, just offering to help - particularly since I am so close by.  I would love to see what all he owned.  I bet it's a fascinating collection.

PDG

It was a very special collection, but access was only possible when Richard was around, and even then only tb and I were invited over.

Note:  I am not in any way involved in the future of the collection, just have enough background to provide advice that it is neither helpful nor worthwhile for anyone to reach out to the family.

He posted on a variety of items in his collection, the majority of which were comic-adjacent rather than actual comics.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:57 AM, adamstrange said:

It was a very special collection, but access was only possible when Richard was around, and even then only tb and I were invited over.

Note:  I am not in any way involved in the future of the collection, just have enough background to provide advice that it is neither helpful nor worthwhile for anyone to reach out to the family.

Richard made an extraordinary offer to me once. He wanted to fly my wife and I over to New Orleans so I could drive to his house and hand deliver the highest graded FC 456 (US # 2), which was one of his favorite comics. He kindly offered to show me his collection and talk comics. It's an offer I couldn't accept due to my case schedule but I regret the lost opportunity. It must have been a fun experience to meet him. I envy you. We did correspond a bit. I had no idea he was that private. He seemed to love to tell stories and share his knowledge. I really enjoy seeing the gifts or cards he sent various board members. Obviously a generous guy.

On 5/6/2024 at 12:57 PM, adamstrange said:

Understood on that.  I hate that I didn't take him up on the offer to drive down and meet him.  I am likely to regret that at this point for the rest of my life....

PDG

I would love the opportunity to purchase something from Rich's collection, having greatly enjoyed our communications over the years. If anyone sees the opportunity arise, please let us know.