• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonight on MeTV Collector's Call featuring a large collection of comic books

38 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2023 at 4:35 PM, Robot Man said:

6:30 Pacific time

Features collector Steven Kahn and hosted by Lisa Welchel. Holy comic books Batman!

Anybody know him? Your thoughts once it has aired?

https://www.metv.com/collectors-call

I thought I had seen this a while ago, but since this is a new episode, I guess it must have been a different one. Looks like there was a comics related one back in season 2 which must be the one I saw:

"Allen Stewart's Hall of Heroes superhero museum houses his collection of 65,000 comic books as well as a wide range of memorabilia, movie props and more; including a wooden Superman action figure and the comic that first cover-featured Wonder Woman."

Although there is a Batman episode, too, it might have been that one.

On 5/15/2023 at 3:02 PM, Poutine said:

Shaw is now Rogers 

Edit, nope that's Telus, my bad

Edit, no I was right lol

Yes, that's why I'm thinking he might be able to find in on Rogers now since they bought Shaw. 

On 5/15/2023 at 7:36 PM, ttfitz said:

I thought I had seen this a while ago, but since this is a new episode, I guess it must have been a different one. Looks like there was a comics related one back in season 2 which must be the one I saw:

"Allen Stewart's Hall of Heroes superhero museum houses his collection of 65,000 comic books as well as a wide range of memorabilia, movie props and more; including a wooden Superman action figure and the comic that first cover-featured Wonder Woman."

Although there is a Batman episode, too, it might have been that one.

The Wonder Woman was a female collector that had them raw, and was contemplating sending to cgc. This current was like early action comics cgc and af15 cgc, and superman 1 cgc.

The Bataman was a collector that through his Fandom had connections to stars, and yes I consider Neal Adams a star lol

I forget all the details if he actually worked during Adam west or was just a collector, but the latter of course

On 5/15/2023 at 9:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The Wonder Woman was a female collector that had them raw, and was contemplating sending to cgc. This current was like early action comics cgc and af15 cgc, and superman 1 cgc.

That appears to be a different episode from season 3:

"Rob Klein joins Lisa Whelchel to appraise Vivian Eisenstadt's collection of over 2,000 Wonder Woman items and offers the superfan the chance to trade one of her favorite pieces for an item Rob considers the "holy grail" of Wonder Woman memorabilia."

So looks like they've done comic related a few times!

They've had a few comic shows recently including X-Men #1 signed by Stan Lee done in person, but has mostly been toys and or action figures with tonight being no different.

With a Canadian exclusive Blank Man from 'richard" Tracy circa 1980's that is remarkable!

They also had a Dreadstar Captain Powers 80's TV show from an estate sale from someone who worked at Mattel.

@F For Fake ever heard of such. Evidently they weren't sure if any other existed. Usually they post the individual showings on Facebook so if I get a screenshot I'll post it.

On 9/3/2023 at 6:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They've had a few comic shows recently including X-Men #1 signed by Stan Lee done in person, but has mostly been toys and or action figures with tonight being no different.

With a Canadian exclusive Blank Man from 'richard" Tracy circa 1980's that is remarkable!

FB_IMG_1693783348532.jpg

Well the reason I posted here about the dreadstar because I don't think they're going to show a Facebook post. Just for memory sake.

Anyway here is a few more stills 

Breath stinkers, and the final trade, between more captain power and the mighty car, featuring! Mr. T!

FB_IMG_1693783371114.jpg

FB_IMG_1693783338796.jpg

On 9/3/2023 at 7:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They also had a Dreadstar Captain Powers 80's TV show from an estate sale from someone who worked at Mattel.

@F For Fake ever heard of such. Evidently they weren't sure if any other existed. Usually they post the individual showings on Facebook so if I get a screenshot I'll post it.

Oh wow, that's interesting! Like the Dreadstar comic, but tied into the Captain Power toy line? That would be interesting. I never had a ton of Captain Power stuff, but my best friend did in grade school and I thought they were very cool!.

On 5/14/2023 at 3:35 PM, Robot Man said:

6:30 Pacific time

Features collector Steven Kahn and hosted by Lisa Welchel. Holy comic books Batman!

Anybody know him? Your thoughts once it has aired?

https://www.metv.com/collectors-call

Yes, I know Steve. You may also note that his son is Deniz Kahn of WATA. 

@Robot Man and @snitzer

Since it's your thread and the other reacted when I posted it is new episodes.

Anyone happen to watch it today? As it was comic sentric!

Sensational first cover appearance of Wonder woman restored 8.0 CGC appraiser out $25-30,000

The Shelby cobra that iron man falls on in the first iron man, prop, valued at $75,000

The world's greatest super hero costume from the TV show valued at $15-20,000

And something else but I forget.

The trade was a first riddler CGC 3.0 for the classic spectral joker two guns cover raw

On 3/24/2024 at 4:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Robot Man and @snitzer

Since it's your thread and the other reacted when I posted it is new episodes.

Anyone happen to watch it today? As it was comic sentric!

Sensational first cover appearance of Wonder woman restored 8.0 CGC appraiser out $25-30,000

The Shelby cobra that iron man falls on in the first iron man, prop, valued at $75,000

The world's greatest super hero costume from the TV show valued at $15-20,000

And something else but I forget.

The trade was a first riddler CGC 3.0 for the classic spectral joker two guns cover raw

Dang, I forgot. Was watching baseball. Hopefully, I can catch it later.