• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2023!! Comic Con. Pictures and Report, making a weekend of it, haha!

142 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2023 at 8:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya if she was ill, today was too busy :cheers:

Prayers! and glad they feel better is the main thing, busy day for sure :shy: 

Reveal hidden contents

I had a family member fall just before dinner and break their pinky catching themselves. Having it x-ray now, it is a clutter day lol 

Thank you.. She's feeling a lot better.   Be there Sunday about when they open up. 

We really need to normalize big price stickers.  I'm old and my eyes aren't what they used to be.  I hate having to lean over boxes, squint at some number in a circle, and then give up and ask "how much is that?".  And then repeating for maybe 3 or 4 other books and then potentially walking away because the price was higher than what I'm looking for.

Also, am I just really out of touch with prices?  $120 for Spider-Gwen #24?  First Gwenom?  Con prices feel outrageous at times.

On 6/10/2023 at 10:29 PM, musicmeta said:

Thank you.. She's feeling a lot better.   Be there Sunday about when they open up. 

Let me know how it went, closes in an hour!

On 6/11/2023 at 12:55 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Thank you to all who stopped by the booth!  I know I didn’t get to see everyone at the show. If you’re in artist alley tomorrow, I’ll be witnessing Artgerm, 11am.. 

argh I forgot to get a pic with you!  But was awesome chatting and catching up.  @mysterioand you are the best!

On 6/10/2023 at 8:21 PM, musicmeta said:

Wow! very crowded like the past ones I've been too.  Jammed packed with people.  

This was about 100% more people than previous years I have attended.  This being the 1st time I went more than just Saturday.

On 6/11/2023 at 7:02 PM, Crops068 said:

Here is some additional pics!

Garrett Gunn with Source Point

IMG_7999.thumb.jpeg.82cd40c0472df6d3189ba8dab0331622.jpeg

We were the four musketeers waiting in Tynion’s line for about 3hrs this morning.

IMG_7998.thumb.jpeg.814c30bdf76d566109a55425fa56dad8.jpeg

Stopped by the CGC booth three times ended up with a duplicate 0.5 pin so left it for them to pass on to someone that would like it.

0A274A7C-B21A-4486-A414-CF8E370EECA0.thumb.jpeg.f722b51eb82856d2063255f68b14c60f.jpeg

Added Kael Ngu to my Thanos sketch list!

IMG_7975.thumb.jpeg.815bad95207450ea2fc9a639ae43f789.jpeg

And my primary goal of the whole weekend.  To get as many SIKTC creators sigs on my Stand It Up comic stand.  15 (actually grabbed a 16th after this pic was taken) signatures later, we have Tynion holding it!

IMG_8002.thumb.jpeg.2f90e453dfc3035688b5eb5cbee7daa9.jpeg

In all it was a very successful con and even with the epic related debacles with Hayden, it was amazing.

thanks for meeting up @ADAMANTIUM, @mysterio and @Monster's Lair Comics!

Cool, stuff.  Does CGC always hand out those pins at conventions or was this special for Dallas?

Here's Jon Bernthal (Punisher, Walking Dead, Fury, Wolf of Wall Street...to name a few). I got his autograph when he came here a few years ago..He's in the center at the top.. 
Sorry for the blurred pic. I had to zoom in quite a bit from the stairs on my iphone.

Hyign52.jpg

Edited by musicmeta