• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2023!! Comic Con. Pictures and Report, making a weekend of it, haha!

142 posts in this topic

This is the back of Mr. Bedrock of  Bedrock Comics on the right from Houston. Several years ago, I bought an Amazing Spider-man #121 from him and got it signed by Stan Lee.  I still have it. 
He said he was just here as fan and looking to buy books.  He's a good dealer and I was very happy with my purchase.

IYQtbbN.jpg

On 6/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, musicmeta said:

If you're looking to buy some sort of GI Joe doll or shoot just about any kind of doll this might be the right place.
BfOHuzn.jpg

I see some Johnny West I could add to my collection :luhv:

On 6/11/2023 at 7:34 PM, musicmeta said:

Here's Jon Bernthal (Punisher, Walking Dead, Fury, Wolf of Wall Street...to name a few). I got his autograph when he came here a few years ago..He's in the center at the top.. 
Sorry for the blurred pic. I had to zoom in quite a bit from the stairs on my iphone.

Hyign52.jpg

I talking to a guy who had just done the Bernthal sig, and was talking to me over by Bonnie Wright?  Was that you? Lol

Bernthal had guts to, he seemed to stand while signing, along with Jason Mewes, which I found interesting having sometimes my feet killing me lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/11/2023 at 8:27 PM, golfplyr said:

Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Problem with con season is that there are too many cons to go to and not enough time

Change that to not enough money and you got me. I was broke today the last day, but I still went as my company had stuff prepaid for; however, I didn't have 2 pennies lol

That was tough haha

On 6/11/2023 at 6:52 PM, WolverineX said:

Cool, stuff.  Does CGC always hand out those pins at conventions or was this special for Dallas?

They are con specific (and were given out ant the CGC University) and you have to go to the Sig Series side.  They require a social media post to get one, then just come back each day to get another.  They have I think about 6-7 different ones including a 9.9 and 10. If you pull a 9.9 or 10 you get added to some other con specific giveaway.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:54 PM, Crops068 said:
On 6/11/2023 at 6:52 PM, WolverineX said:

Cool, stuff.  Does CGC always hand out those pins at conventions or was this special for Dallas?

They are con specific (and were given out ant the CGC University) and you have to go to the Sig Series side.  They require a social media post to get one, then just come back each day to get another.  They have I think about 6-7 different ones including a 9.9 and 10. If you pull a 9.9 or 10 you get added to some other con specific giveaway.

Lol I need to start doing that lol

I even saw you do it and was wrapped up in business to take the time, :( for some odd reason I forgot about the giveaway lol

Still was good to see them busy for such a big con, several workers willing and able. Good on you for remembering and keeping up with it. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/11/2023 at 8:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I talking to a guy who had just done the Bernthal sig, and was talking to me over by Bonnie Wright?  Was that you? Lol

Bernthal had guts to, he seemed to stand while signing, along with Jason Mewes, which I found interesting having sometimes my feet killing me lol

LOL! No that was not me.  I missed the photo opp session but at least I got to meet and talk with him a few years ago and got some pics signed.  
I can't wait for the new Daredevil show to start on the Disney channel.  The series on Netflix was awesome and so was Jon Bernthal in the Punisher. 

I went on Saturday, and let me say first everyone at the CGC booth was fantastic and helpful. Great staff.

My two celebrity auto goals were Rosario and Chevy Chase. Figured I'd be in at doors in the morning and out no later than 4 after some wandering around...it didn't work that way.

At 10 a.m., Rosario's booth indicated she wouldn't be signing until 2 p.m. Didn't think this would be too big of an issue, got Chevy knocked out in the meantime and circled back to Rosario's queue around 12:30 as I had no other hard plans and wanted to achieve this before exploring the con floor and maybe attending a panel, who knows.

Well, one con employee didn't like the length of the line, threatened everyone with the fire marshal and security, and broke the whole thing up, instructing everyone to return at 3. Yeah, that wasn't going to cut it. I remained in the area, at a safe distance. Around 1:30 or so, they began handing out "virtual queue" tickets, something that wasn't enforced very well as I observed others continuing to get in line, even at the wrong entry points. Rosario arrived around 1:45; I found myself in the queue around 2. The queue didn't move, at all, and then she went on a break around 2:30. I found out later someone was having 30+ items signed...which I think is extreme and shouldn't be allowed. She came back out around 3...and her sign indicated she would likely stop signing around 6. The line shifted a few feet approximately everyone 20 minutes - because it was like a 25:1 VIP to regular guest ratio. I thought this was a terrible way to organize things - it should be like TSA Pre-check, 1:1. Given that it certainly seemed like just about everyone with a VIP badge on Saturday was in line for Rosario, I didn't think it was going to happen given time constraints. Somehow, I got up to her at 5:20 p.m. I have no idea how much later she was signing, but I have to believe a lot of people did not get the autographs they paid for. If I hadn't joined the queue when I did, there's no way I would have made it. There has to be a better way to organize this system for headliner guests. 

Unfortunately, I had no time to even check out the rest of the con as my train out of downtown Dallas was departing shortly. I'm glad I achieved my goals, but didn't anticipate the whole day queuing.

Had a great show this weekend!  If you stopped by the booth @mysterio @bcc and @The Commissioner ran the booth the whole weekend, they deserve a huge thank you!  I was witnessing for Agents of Slabs the whole weekend and we were busy!  I didn't get to see the rest of the show, just artist alley and the inside of my booth for a few minutes here and there. Hopefully everyone had a great weekend, and we will see everyone at Fan Expo Denver in a few weeks!

On 6/11/2023 at 11:06 PM, TheCollector2016 said:

I went on Saturday, and let me say first everyone at the CGC booth was fantastic and helpful. Great staff.

My two celebrity auto goals were Rosario and Chevy Chase. Figured I'd be in at doors in the morning and out no later than 4 after some wandering around...it didn't work that way.

At 10 a.m., Rosario's booth indicated she wouldn't be signing until 2 p.m. Didn't think this would be too big of an issue, got Chevy knocked out in the meantime and circled back to Rosario's queue around 12:30 as I had no other hard plans and wanted to achieve this before exploring the con floor and maybe attending a panel, who knows.

Well, one con employee didn't like the length of the line, threatened everyone with the fire marshal and security, and broke the whole thing up, instructing everyone to return at 3. Yeah, that wasn't going to cut it. I remained in the area, at a safe distance. Around 1:30 or so, they began handing out "virtual queue" tickets, something that wasn't enforced very well as I observed others continuing to get in line, even at the wrong entry points. Rosario arrived around 1:45; I found myself in the queue around 2. The queue didn't move, at all, and then she went on a break around 2:30. I found out later someone was having 30+ items signed...which I think is extreme and shouldn't be allowed. She came back out around 3...and her sign indicated she would likely stop signing around 6. The line shifted a few feet approximately everyone 20 minutes - because it was like a 25:1 VIP to regular guest ratio. I thought this was a terrible way to organize things - it should be like TSA Pre-check, 1:1. Given that it certainly seemed like just about everyone with a VIP badge on Saturday was in line for Rosario, I didn't think it was going to happen given time constraints. Somehow, I got up to her at 5:20 p.m. I have no idea how much later she was signing, but I have to believe a lot of people did not get the autographs they paid for. If I hadn't joined the queue when I did, there's no way I would have made it. There has to be a better way to organize this system for headliner guests. 

Unfortunately, I had no time to even check out the rest of the con as my train out of downtown Dallas was departing shortly. I'm glad I achieved my goals, but didn't anticipate the whole day queuing.

I wouldn’t wait that long to meet the Holy Virgin Mary. And you paid for the “privilege”? (shrug)