• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2023 at 9:28 AM, CAHokie said:

So your telling me that as far as he is concerned he could keep the book for 15 years and if you ask for it back, you forfeit everything even if it sat in a box the whole time?

That's what it looks like. :whatthe:

On 6/21/2023 at 11:30 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Speaking for myself, the idea of taking a deposit AND an expensive book does not seem like good practice. The book is the collateral if the work is not paid for. Asking for both and then telling people 'sorry! No refunds!' when things go south seems like a lawyer would have a field day with that.

My offer still stands to chip in on the return of NP's AF15 - and @CAHokie has also asked if NP's book has been mailed.

Great point! No payment should have been required until work is done. It is unlikely the work would have cost more than the value of the book.

@NP_Gresham did he send you a tracking number yesterday? He was on the boards and viewing your page so fingers crossed.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:36 AM, quicksilver said:

How do you tell whose page someone was viewing ?

If you click on a username and go to their profile page, on the left side it says something like 'recent profile visits' and it shows who has looked at your profile. Yours, for instance, is turned off - but it sounds like NPs is on.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 6/21/2023 at 11:36 AM, quicksilver said:

How do you tell whose page someone was viewing ?

If you click on my page it will say last visited “x minutes ago” currently viewing “Hero Restoration.” I just happened to come to this thread and check at the right time out of curiosity.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, buttock said:

I too, have started a restoration service with the same terms.  Everyone feel free to send me books and money.  I promise to send you plenty of emails letting you know that the work will be done soon. 

You forgot, books with FMV of less than 10K NEED NOT APPLY. Don't waste our time. I'll be your shipping department... I can catch up on some sleep. GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 6/21/2023 at 1:25 PM, buttock said:

I too, have started a restoration service with the same terms.  Everyone feel free to send me books and money.  I promise to send you plenty of emails letting you know that the work will be done soon. 

At least you'd be keeping your customers updated.  I guess you could create a group email and keep sending the same message.  'Work will start any decade"

On 6/21/2023 at 3:52 PM, thehumantorch said:

At least you'd be keeping your customers updated.  I guess you could create a group email and keep sending the same message.  'Work will start any decade"

...and at the bottom, in fine print, "The center of the universe is everywhere, it's circumference is nowhere". GOD BLESS ...

.... truthfully, before this thread, I had still thought that Mike was held in high regard. I was hearing a lot of good things about him a decade ago. 

On 6/21/2023 at 1:46 PM, jimjum12 said:

You forgot, books with FMV of less than 10K NEED NOT APPLY. Don't waste our time. I'll be your shipping department... I can catch up on some sleep. GOD BLESS .... 

Deal.  You're also in charge of customer complaints.  

On 6/21/2023 at 4:19 PM, buttock said:

Deal.  You're also in charge of customer complaints.  

and in true "Soup Nazi" fashion, complaints will be rewarded with the back of the line, ad infinitum .... GOD BLESS ... 

It amazes me how far his reputation in this comic community has fallen in just a few years. Hopefully any new collectors considering Hero Restoration's services will find this thread and not this previous one from 2020:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/464870-hero-restoration-pressing-service/

On 6/21/2023 at 10:43 AM, Cat said:

I wonder how well his Terms Of Agreement would hold up in Small Claims? 

I wonder how the terms of agreement would have held up twenty years ago before everyone had a ring doorbell and a camera phone. 

Best advice I was given eight years ago was not to send anything to him.