• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sigin to main site and boards issue!
4 4

70 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2023 at 10:14 AM, toro said:

I'm getting logged out now almost every 30 minutes.  I click from a sales thread to come to comic general I get logged out.  This is getting a little annoying.  

Yup

I have to keep signing in....over and over.  Super frustrating :pullhair:

Just a quick "tech" answer... the option to "Remember Me" is always based on tracking/cookies, and browsers are constantly updating to block tracking/cookies.

It's unlikely the CGC Board is going to develop its software faster than browsers designed to block it (and a million other sites).

It MIGHT be possible to tell your browser to trust cgccomics.com and to never block tracking/cookies/ads, but that's not going to be its automatic behavior, and every time you update your browser, it may reset.

Edited by valiantman

While it HAS HAPPENED while I'm writing a reply or refreshing the same page and especially under submission tracking, it really kicks in when I switch between tabs (thumbsu

Like it doesn't want me logged in to multitask :makepoint: 

On 6/28/2023 at 7:03 PM, CGC Mike said:

This should work.  After you click on the envelope, click on go to inbox.  Then, choose sort by unread in the dropdown menu.  Click on the unread PM's, and you should be all set.  If you continue to have problems with this, send me a PM, and I will try to fix it for you.

Thanks Mike.  I didn't know you could filter your inbox.  The unread PMs were from several years ago.

The problem has been fixed! :banana:

It's gotten better. Haven't signed out in a while, which means a couple of hours with other tabs, ahem including the submission page. :)

And then tried to submit this post and it all went away, thank God the refresh kept it and didn't have to sign back in lol see if it posts now upon refresh...

• Administrator
On 6/29/2023 at 8:33 PM, ak47po said:

Back to normal, Thanks Mike you're awesome.

On 6/29/2023 at 9:33 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Issues look to be resolved on my end as well. 

I am glad to hear that this was fixed.  Thanks for letting me know.  

@CGC MikeMike, this has NOT fixed the issue for me. In fact, it's made it worse. 

Am I the only one? 

On 7/1/2023 at 12:13 PM, Cat said:

@CGC MikeMike, this has NOT fixed the issue for me. In fact, it's made it worse. 

Am I the only one? 

So far, since I posted that it "got better, it only logged me out once within I'm guessing 24-48 hours.

And I've been on more than one tab, different devices, different Internet sources, and it only logged me out on one device once from all of the above.

Not saying yours isn't worse, but yes, on my end it is "better!". :cheers:

On 7/1/2023 at 12:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So far, since I posted that it "got better, it only logged me out once within I'm guessing 24-48 hours.

And I've been on more than one tab, different devices, different Internet sources, and it only logged me out on one device once from all of the above.

Not saying yours isn't worse, but yes, on my end it is "better!". :cheers:

I have issues across all devices as well, but I only use my computer for posting a sales thread.  I won't even attempt a sales thread longer than 10 pages anymore with all the issues I have posting stuff.  I especially get frustrated when people PM me and it doesn't go through on their end.  This Invision software is garbage and I don't think the tech people are capable...sorry to say. 🤨🤨

Getting really frustrated with posts not appearing after hitting the "Submit Reply" button :frustrated:

Seems if you take more than a minute or two, the post just goes *poof* :pullhair:

Happened three times today and a few times earlier in the week.

Guess I have to type everything out in Word and then paste it here to be safe from now on :facepalm:

-bc

UPDATE: Must be something unrelated to time. I tried leaving open a reply for 5,10,15,20, 25, 30 and 35 minutes and they all submitted successfully. (shrug)

Edited by bc