• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA with 10 or fewer universal graded census: FMV at least $500 at grade 5.0 edition!
5 5

109 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2023 at 11:20 PM, RareHighGrade said:

100% of the slabbed population:

RadioFunnies1.jpg

It's a shame the original art doesn't exist, but at least we get to see a high quality reproduction of it for this ashcan. :cloud9:

On 7/7/2023 at 12:02 AM, The-Collector said:

Any guesses on the artist? 

Flanagan

https://www.comics.org/issue/457/

On 7/6/2023 at 2:50 PM, adamstrange said:

50% of the slabbed population.  The rest are all .5.

GreenMask9lbox.jpg

this is fantastic!! I’ve had several people reach out to me over the years wondering if i was tucking away a low grade copy of this and the answer has always been no. It’s a virtual ghost!! So awesome to see an example like this still survives

On 7/6/2023 at 8:25 PM, adamstrange said:

It's a shame the original art doesn't exist, but at least we get to see a high quality reproduction of it for this ashcan. :cloud9:

I'm not ready to dismiss the possibility that the art survived.  Flanagan was holding gallery shows since he first arrived in the USA (and regularly there-after).  A past President hung some of his art in the White House.  It seems that the owners of his originals just don't sell them (not much auction records until the last few years).  I wouldn't be surprised if it's in a private collection mixed in with some of his pulp art.  I won some original Blue Book pulp art from HA that they were not even able to identify as JRF.