• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PPSM #1
1 1

12 posts in this topic

9.4 IMHO

If you have the book pressed to remove the small wrinkle in the BRHC of the back cover and any other imperfections that are not visible in the scan that do not break colour, I could see this book getting a 9.6 or even a 9.8. The LRHC of the front cover I believe is just "tucked under" from the slight overhang and does not appear to be blunted. But keep in mind we are only looking at a scan and having the book in hand will provide you with a "true grade". 

On 7/5/2023 at 2:18 PM, scburdet said:

9.0/9.2. Maybe 9.4 pressed

I am going to get it pressed, at this point I figure I will hold on to these PPSM books for a few years . The prices are all over the place.

On 7/7/2023 at 3:08 AM, Eric C M said:

9.4/9.6 pressed

I have been looking at the Youtube videos showing how people are going about cleaning the books.  I am ok with a dry clean and then press but I see people using solvents and or water vapor, to me that seems more like restauration than cleaning, I mean do people that collect older comics expect a Like New Old Book or a Gently Cleaned Older book that shows it's age?  I cannot imagine a high gloss cover and back on a 45 year old comic book and then the inside pages look the age.  It juest does not make sense of course there is a sucker born every minute and the glossy/shiny stuff always attracts a fools money.