• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefeld signing yes or no
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2023 at 3:12 PM, wiley275 said:

Already sent a New Mutants 9.8 raw to get Robs signature. On the fence on sending the Stan Lee custom label in for Rob. Thoughts?

B695D727-2B21-4D91-BEB4-010F07681663.jpeg

If you already sent in a 9.8 for robs sig then leave the Stan and label alone. As mentioned you wouldn't ever get that one back, and you've sweated enough on the 9.8 remaining 9.8. I admire the pluck!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Sent in a single copy of New Mutants 98 for the signing.  Ordered that special label for the signing and ground shipping.  Total invoice price was 160 for the one book to get signed and graded.  Big price tag for having a single book signed, but at the last convention I attended Liefeld was charging a premium price of 100 to sign New Mutants 98 and 87...so I was ok with the 80 signing price for the NM 98.  Now that the window has passed, be interesting to see how many 98's get signed.  CGC census has 3389 Signature Series currently.

I checked back on total number of New Mutants 98 signature series books on 9/11 was 3394.  The Liefeld signing was on 9/6 and the new total as of today 10/29 is 3975.  So I'm assuming 581 New Mutants 98 books were signed during the in house signing. 

On 10/29/2023 at 9:27 AM, IceHole said:

I checked back on total number of New Mutants 98 signature series books on 9/11 was 3394.  The Liefeld signing was on 9/6 and the new total as of today 10/29 is 3975.  So I'm assuming 581 New Mutants 98 books were signed during the in house signing. 

correct to the bold part

your assumption provides that no other signed NM 98 added to the census in that period were done outside of the in house event and that all were specifically signed by Liefeld 

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 10/29/2023 at 10:27 AM, IceHole said:

Its his biggest book and a must have key in high grade for pretty much anyone. Im actually surprised there are not more hitting ebay but maybe thats a good thing. I wouldn’t get his signature on deadpool 1 as the cover was a Joe Mad cover.

Save your money and get a new mutants 87 signed by Lee to match the one you have. The hunt is sometimes the best part and it pays to have a vision of what you want/makes you happy.

My opinion, I feel it would be pretty sweet to have Rob's sig along side Stan on that NM98. Just does not look right to me with Stan by himself. I don't believe he had anything to do with that character's creation. I understand you would lose the label, but that being said, or these labels really that special? I am new to the custom label thing. My Rob label from his CGC signing is my first custom label, and I would definitely crack it if need be to add another sig, for example if McFarlane comes back.  I mean at the end of the day its just a label. You would also lose it if at any point you need to re-slab due to damage or something.