• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 2
10 10

190 posts in this topic

More Fun 102... how was the little piece out of the bottom left back addressed?

I need to add a full grade point to all Golden Age books going forward.

Edited by Ron C.

On 7/28/2023 at 5:02 PM, CGC Mike said:

I should have added a graders note for the Spidey #38 and the HoS #92.  I missed the graders note for the spidey #38 "Stain bottom of interior through book", and I thought the "Small multiple water stains front cover "was more visible for the HoS #92.  I realize everyone was given the same scans, but if it's decided by you guys that the last 2 books affected your scores, I can add 2 different books to round 3 and redo book 4 and book 5 of the second round.   Otherwise, we will move on to round 3 and continue as we normally do.  I am sorry that this happened, and it won't again.  

It's all good Mike...just adjust my 9 points to 5 points and we're square... :signfunny:

On 7/28/2023 at 7:55 PM, Ron C. said:

I've seen a gorgeous 7.5 with only a slightly smaller piece missing on the back cover.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:55 PM, Ron C. said:

I guess it is an area of color loss but not actually missing... the graders' notes Mike posted call it a 'tape scuff'. To me it looked like an extra bit of cover stock that got folded over. In any case, to your point, seems like not much impact on the grade.  (shrug) 

@CGC Mike I think the fact that you brought the two specific graders notes for ASM #38 and HoS #92 to our attention means that you may feel they could have a serious effect on the grades submitted.

So let the submitted grades decide whether to keep the books for the contest or add replacements in rounds 3 or 4.

just my 2c

• Administrator
On 7/28/2023 at 9:24 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

So let the submitted grades decide whether to keep the books for the contest or add replacements in rounds 3 or 4.

just my 2c

Sorry.  Based on what was posted, I already posted the thread for the next round.

• Administrator
On 7/28/2023 at 9:04 PM, trmoore54 said:
On 7/28/2023 at 8:51 PM, zzutak said:

The link works fine, but I think the thread is hidden.  Of course, it could just be me ......:insane:

I see...or should I say not see...the same thing (shrug)

The link should work.  People have already submitted their grades.  I clicked on it, and the thread wasn't hidden.