• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 2
10 10

190 posts in this topic

I tanked on Spidey and HOS - missed the water stains on HOS , I saw one on the back cover of Spidey....I think but I think I got a total of 5 points on those 2 books?!?! I would love a chance for a do over as I bullseyed the first 3 books!!?? Yes, I did and thats rare for me :roflmao:

Edited by flashlites

Welp, at +11 by far my worst round ever.

1. 6.0 (+1) 

2. 3.5 (+3) *- I honestly had no idea how to factor in the staple--if I had known it didn't matter below 6.0 I would definitely have gone a bit higher. Oh well, live and learn.

3. 5.5 (+3) *- This one was all on me. I thought the line top BC was a stain, which factored heavily in my grade. 7.0 still seems a touch high to me. Regardless, probably my biggest botched book.

4. 6.5 (+1) 

5. 7.0 (+3) *- Yeah, I think the water stains did me in. Very much factored in the grade I think, but I'm more than fine moving on. Everyone had the same books.

Knew this round was likely going to be rough for me, but I can't say I didn't glean some knowledge, particularly with books 2 and 3.

Here's to five bulls in the next round!

Edited by Nsschenks

More Fun #102 7.0 6.5 +1

Harvey Library #1 5.0 5.0 +0

TTA #11 7.5 7.0 +1

Spidey #38 7.5 6.5 +2   I probably would have gone 6.5 with the interior stains. 

HoS #92 8.0 5.5 +5 I should have remembered every HOS 92 is 3 grades lower than what it looks like. That, plus the water stains puts me right on target.

That said, no need for a re-do. My chances of winning are about zero. lol

I graded the books but wanted to look them over again . My Son and his wife got here 2 days ago and just now saw I messed up and did not submit my grades . 

More Fun 102 6.5

Harvey 1 7.0

TTA 11 6.0

spidey 38  6.5

HOS 92 7.0

:tonofbricks:

Edited by davidking623
his

I think I scored a 9. I hit the ASM, but was over on HoS as I'm sure most were. I saw another HoS that looked exactly the same as this one so I guessed 7.0 and was off as I missed the stains. O well, on to round 3!

On 7/27/2023 at 11:02 AM, Cman429 said:

More Fun #102 - 5.5

Harvey Library #1 - 4.5

TTA #11 - 6.0

Spidey #38 - 7.0

HoS #92 - 7.5

I did good through the first 3 books then got totally crushed on the #92. I was using a 49 inch UHD gaming monitor and didn’t see those water stains. Notes would’ve definitely helped on those last two. Its not like I have any prayer of placing anyway so throwing both out might be much but I would definitely vote everyone gets a mulligan on the #92.

On 7/28/2023 at 10:33 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Considering I went 8.0 on the ASM and 9.0 on the HoS I’ll say those two effed me. The first three I only earned 2 points on

But I seem to be the only one who used his phone and missed all these flaws so my loss here I guess. Oof marone!

You are not!  Plus, I was rushing, but in the lighting I had, they looked pretty good to me.