• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is one green and one blue?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2023 at 9:03 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Universal would otherwise have to be in 7.0+ condition to be considered for Qualified. Or, perhaps the submitter requested a blue label. Maybe shenanigans are at play. One cannot be sure.

I submitted the blue one... was never asked and never stipulated anything.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:06 AM, Joe Fox said:

I submitted the blue one... was never asked and never stipulated anything.

My guess is,  they discounted the grade accordingly. Meaning,  they deducted the grade for the sticker being missing. 

Alternatively, they just made a mistake. 

I have a Spawn #1 that I submitted with centerfold poster missing on accident. Came back a 7.5 Blue when intact I’m sure it was a NM grade. I think in cases like these where you don’t specify anything CGC just takes it upon themselves to give you a blue or green as they see fit 

On 7/28/2023 at 9:15 PM, KCOComics said:

My guess is,  they discounted the grade accordingly. Meaning,  they deducted the grade for the sticker being missing. 

Alternatively, they just made a mistake. 

If so I wonder how much of a hit

On 7/28/2023 at 9:21 PM, Cman429 said:

I have a Spawn #1 that I submitted with centerfold poster missing on accident. Came back a 7.5 Blue when intact I’m sure it was a NM grade. I think in cases like these where you don’t specify anything CGC just takes it upon themselves to give you a blue or green as they see fit 

Interesting.... I had a book without a centrefold come back a blue .5 last month, it would have been around 2.0-3.0 intact I expect

On 7/28/2023 at 1:22 PM, Joe Fox said:

If so I wonder how much of a hit

I don't think CGC deduct grades for missing inserts. The reason that you will find blues and greens like the two in your opening post is that CGC are inconsistent, and make mistakes. Even if they have a stated treatment policy (as per the link I gave you) they can still get it wrong Joe.

On 7/28/2023 at 9:26 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I don't think CGC deduct grades for missing inserts. The reason that you will find blues and greens like the two in your opening post is that CGC are inconsistent, and make mistakes. Even if they have a stated treatment policy (as per the link I gave you) they can still get it wrong Joe.

Absolutely I believe they can. However I have a conversation going on with them at the moment about a different book and they've assured me that they never make "grading" mistakes, they only make "labelling" mistakes :roflmao:

On 7/28/2023 at 1:34 PM, Joe Fox said:

Absolutely I believe they can. However I have a conversation going on with them at the moment about a different book and they've assured me that they never make "grading" mistakes, they only make "labelling" mistakes :roflmao:

Providing that assurance was itself a mistake.