• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble with Comiclink Website?
10 10

266 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2023 at 5:50 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Hopefully they won't be able to resolve it and my $20 bid on the FF #1 will be good to go.

The auction closing times for today are postponed while we resolve this issue.
We apologize for any inconvenience

On 8/1/2023 at 8:18 PM, davidking623 said:

The auction closing times for today are postponed while we resolve this issue.
We apologize for any inconvenience

I'm going to interpret this to mean there won't be a resumption of the auction today and it will be rescheduled for tomorrow?

On 8/1/2023 at 6:49 PM, justafan said:

I'm going to interpret this to mean there won't be a resumption of the auction today and it will be rescheduled for tomorrow?

They already have auctions tomorrow so maybe a Saturday or Sunday evening . seems like a choice as they don't have auctions then

On 8/2/2023 at 11:52 AM, davidking623 said:

They already have auctions tomorrow so maybe a Saturday or Sunday evening . seems like a choice as they don't have auctions then

I'd think they'll push back the clock on all of the remaining auctions.    Sunday evening will be Monday night at this point.

On 8/1/2023 at 8:05 PM, Microchip said:

I'd think they'll push back the clock on all of the remaining auctions.    Sunday evening will be Monday night at this point.

That seems  legit , who knows , I was thinking keep the whole thing the way it is so people bidding on certain things knew where they were at .

On 8/1/2023 at 8:11 PM, davidking623 said:

That seems  legit , who knows , I was thinking keep the whole thing the way it is so people bidding on certain things knew where they were at .

I would just pull all lots that had not closed today when problem hit and move to a future auction while keeping all other lots starting tomorrow on schedule.     Maybe eliminate seller commission for those lots that are being shifted to a future date as a make good to impacted sellers.  Better to disrupt a few hundred lots than the next 10 days of lots 

Edited by DC#

On 8/1/2023 at 8:44 PM, DC# said:

I would just pull all lots that had not closed today when problem hit and move to a future auction while keeping all other lots starting tomorrow on schedule.     Maybe eliminate seller commission for those lots that are being shifted to a future date as a make good to impacted sellers.  Better to disrupt a few hundred lots than the next 10 days of lots 

I agree , we will see what they do and if they can get it corrected for tomorrow to know .

Hopefully everything's ok or can be fixed relatively easily.  Heck, I still need to pay for my wins and get those slabs shipped.  Then my FedEx driver can throw my "signature required" box onto the porch, sign for me, and run off.  *grumble*

Seriously, though, I was looking through their auction a few days ago and there were times nothing but, I think, the banner on the page would load.  Like I said, hopefully things'll be ok relatively quickly.

Once a site is "down" more than 8-10 hours elapsed with support with folks actively working on it usually means it will be multi-days. Reason is the simple things are not working, and they likley have little idea how to proceed. Then the pasta stage begins; throwing stuff at wall to see if anything sticks.

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/1/2023 at 11:40 PM, DC# said:

one thing for sure - the head of IT is not having a relaxing night at home 

I was able to access the pages with no issues around noon yesterday. Then around 7pm I couldn't load pages without the server maintenance page showing up  However from the sounds of the reports of the behaviors leading up to the outage it sounds almost like an issue with their web hosting service or DNS poisoning. I'm surprised to see their site still down this morning. I wonder what their SLA uptime they are paying for.

If they've been down this long, they're either dealing with a data center issue or maybe even a DoS/ransomware attack of some sort. If they are unable to recover the auction pages and bids at the point of the outage, they may just have to redo all of the auctions. Hopefully it's just web traffic and server front end issues.

I am still getting "want list" emails this morning so some part of their inventory system is still operational.    Surprised they haven't sent out an email to their distro list with updates of what is going on.   

On 8/2/2023 at 10:54 AM, justafan said:

I was able to access the pages with no issues around noon yesterday. Then around 7pm I couldn't load pages without the server maintenance page showing up  However from the sounds of the reports of the behaviors leading up to the outage it sounds almost like an issue with their web hosting service or DNS poisoning. I'm surprised to see their site still down this morning. I wonder what their SLA uptime they are paying for.

If they've been down this long, they're either dealing with a data center issue or maybe even a DoS/ransomware attack of some sort. If they are unable to recover the auction pages and bids at the point of the outage, they may just have to redo all of the auctions. Hopefully it's just web traffic and server front end issues.

1) If it was a tainted DNS issue, I doubt we'd be getting to the site at all.
2) If it was a Dos/Ransomware attack, I'd think we'd being a message from the attackers.