• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curse you Facsimiles!!!!

14 posts in this topic

Was dumpster diving hole in the all that had a box of comics. Just for kicks, I took a look. Spied one that caught my eye. Boy, it looks like a gem, a sure fire 9.8. Paid my three dollars hurried home. The front looked legit back looked legit gave it a good flip. Looks like I hit the jackpot….and then there it is right there in small print…..

IMG_5198.thumb.jpeg.486fa64c214c799e629da041680d436d.jpegIMG_5212.thumb.jpeg.178c024bd7dee984b6c00363c05eacdc.jpeg

I recognize the sticker, was this in Dallas?

On 8/5/2023 at 6:22 PM, Blastaar said:

Was dumpster diving hole in the all that had a box of comics. Just for kicks, I took a look. Spied one that caught my eye. Boy, it looks like a gem, a sure fire 9.8. Paid my three dollars hurried home. The front looked legit back looked legit gave it a good flip. Looks like I hit the jackpot….and then there it is right there in small print…..

IMG_5198.thumb.jpeg.486fa64c214c799e629da041680d436d.jpegIMG_5212.thumb.jpeg.178c024bd7dee984b6c00363c05eacdc.jpeg

Sorry that happened. I went to a toy show this morning and almost had the same happen to me, but lol

I asked the dealer at risk, but to double check, and sure enough, facsimiles doh!

On 8/5/2023 at 6:46 PM, aardvark88 said:

Blame Canada 2023. Is there no retail price printed on the front Vengeance of Bane 1 cover?

No..it's the Mona Lisa of reprints. Front/back/interior all the same. Just the added date is the only difference I noticed. 

On 8/5/2023 at 6:59 PM, Blastaar said:

No..it's the Mona Lisa of reprints. Front/back/interior all the same. Just the added date is the only difference I noticed. 

And it's saddle stitched. The original is squarebound.