• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official This Seller is on Crack thread
4 4

49 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2023 at 8:07 PM, RBerman said:

"Sellers" do this to bring attention to their page so you will look at the other pages. Looks like it worked!

I'm not even remotely interested in anything this clown shoe wishes he could sell.  I haven't looked at his other pages...and I'm NOT going to.

Guess it didn't work so great after all.

Edited by TRMN8R5

On 8/17/2023 at 6:05 PM, Dr. Balls said:

So here's my conversation from James Meeley of Sequential Treasures - the guy who I thought was reasonable in disclosing the paper issue on a piece of artwork I was asking about. He's apparently an "art rep" with a profile picture of:

ScreenShot2023-08-17at6_07_40PM.png.b4b76e64e2f30d3f0d9d02acdd269a05.png

Me: "Would you do $250 on this page if it is still available?"

Him: "Yes, that would be enough to get the page. But, just so I know you know, there is a slight crease in the page (which does show in the scan). It's not on normal comic art board, but a much thinner paper. The person I got it from did not take care to protect it very well (I'm surprised it wasn't more damaged), so this is how it came to me. I have got the crease a little less notable since then, by using some compression on it, but I don't think it will come completely out (though, I could be wrong). Just wanted to be sure you knew this. If you still want it, hit me with your shipping address to the email below. and I'll send you payment instrictions"

Me: "Hi James, thank you for clarifying the paper issue, I appreciate it. I will pass on this piece. Have a great week!"

Him: "thanks for showing me honesty doesn't pay."

:facepalm:

My response:

Oh brother. Here's a tip:

1. Take the idiotic $10,000 OBO price off and you'll save yourself some frustration.

2. Disclose the paper type and condition in the description, like most other sellers would, that will also save you frustration.

3. Don't get pissy with the customer for passing on a piece they don't want because of it's condition or type of medium it's on. Grow up.

Looks like my earlier joke to you about this seller was indeed a prescient one…

On 8/17/2023 at 6:40 PM, Benedict Judas Hel said:

Looks like my earlier joke to you about this seller was indeed a prescient one…

lol No kidding. You called it for sure.

On 8/17/2023 at 7:00 AM, adamstrange said:

Do we reserve the Top 10 spots for the Donnelly Brothers?

They had a SA splash a few months ago that I think will seem cheap in a year or two, maybe as early as next month. Their stuff is never cheap but their best quality stuff is often just a little over current market, mainly due to lack of comparable sales. Not  a site for total newbs but not everything is overpriced.

On 8/17/2023 at 7:05 PM, Dr. Balls said:

So here's my conversation from James Meeley of Sequential Treasures - the guy who I thought was reasonable in disclosing the paper issue on a piece of artwork I was asking about. He's apparently an "art rep" with a profile picture of:

Him: "Yes, that would be enough to get the page. But, just so I know you know, there is a slight crease in the page (which does show in the scan). It's not on normal comic art board, but a much thinner paper. The person I got it from did not take care to protect it very well (I'm surprised it wasn't more damaged), so this is how it came to me. I have got the crease a little less notable since then, by using some compression on it, but I don't think it will come completely out (though, I could be wrong). Just wanted to be sure you knew this. If you still want it, hit me with your shipping address to the email below. and I'll send you payment instrictions"

Me: "Hi James, thank you for clarifying the paper issue, I appreciate it. I will pass on this piece. Have a great week!"

My response:

1. Take the idiotic $10,000 OBO price off and you'll save yourself some frustration.

2. Disclose the paper type and condition in the description, like most other sellers would, that will also save you frustration.

3. Don't get pissy with the customer for passing on a piece they don't want because of it's condition or type of medium it's on. Grow up.

Pretty sure James is an active boardie 

On 8/17/2023 at 6:05 PM, Dr. Balls said:

My response:

This seems like as as good a time as any to share this little gem:

image.thumb.jpeg.1ffb5d1b11d0f165f02710c75da1aa9a.jpeg

On 8/19/2023 at 10:58 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

This seems like as as good a time as any to share this little gem:

image.thumb.jpeg.1ffb5d1b11d0f165f02710c75da1aa9a.jpeg

I'm guessing that game had it's fair share of misuse back in the day.