• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most Overgraded Comic Of The Week
8 8

244 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2024 at 8:18 PM, grendelbo said:

Schrödinger's comic.

I might need to create a grading service by that name and encase the comic in opaque black plastic.  Could it be an Action 1 10.0?

On 8/12/2024 at 4:19 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Reminds me of the supposedly NM book I was sent back in the 70s.

First copy of one of my favourite Adams comics, and somewhat disappointing.

Same source sent me a Defenders 1 with a long, Greek name thickly scrawled at the top of the back cover in felt tip pen.

Again, “NM”.

Fond memories.

On 8/12/2024 at 12:23 PM, Ken Aldred said:

A bit off topic, but the Avengers book got me reminiscing about old times.

One volume and one cover by the same artist that did the interiors.  Part of an ongoing narrative, but not written for the trade.  The only Avengers title on the stands.  Magic on newsprint for the cost of two dimes.  A repository for dreams you could hold in your hands.   

On 8/14/2024 at 7:59 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:

One volume and one cover by the same artist that did the interiors.  Part of an ongoing narrative, but not written for the trade.  The only Avengers title on the stands.  Magic on newsprint for the cost of two dimes.  A repository for dreams you could hold in your hands.   

I agree.

The seller back then really was just as useless as the many eBay graders we’ve seen posted here, but, there’s always a learning curve when you start, and many more positive, warm nostalgic recollections from the same time periods, which outweigh experiences like these.