• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex lost my Heritage shipments
1 1

28 posts in this topic

:cry:

Well, poop. Fedex lost my books. I have them shipped to a shipping company so that they do not sit on my front porch for a few hours. Instead, Fedex just delivers them to some random business and cannot locate them. Just to be clear, not Heritage's fault. These are the golden age books that are missing and presumed stolen.

Golden Age (1938-1955):Cartoon Character, Four Color #308 Donald Duck (Dell, 1951) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Off-white to white pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Junior Miss #31 (Timely, 1948) CGC VG+ 4.5 Off-white to white pages....

These are the copper books

Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, The Beagle Boys #10 File Copy (Gold Key, 1970) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, The Beagle Boys #21 File Copy (Gold Key, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, Uncle Scrooge #120 (Gold Key, 1975) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

If you see them listed please let me know. I will update this thread with the police report once I get it. Thanks for any help you can give!

FedEx is weird.  Maybe it's the drivers, but I generally don't have issues with UPS.  With FedEx, there have been about 3 times where the driver just leaves the package on my porch after signing for it himself on "signature required" deliveries (he doesn't even wait 30 seconds after ringing the bell for me to answer before he does this and is back in his truck).  This last time I caught him in time, opened the door and signed for it.  I look at the receipt of it that I get online and it had the name of someone who doesn't even live here having signed for it.  Just bizarre stuff.

Hopefully you find your stuff.  At least you won't have to pay for the comics, but I'd still be pissed if I didn't get what I bid on.

On 8/18/2023 at 10:49 PM, Badger said:

:cry:

Well, poop. Fedex lost my books. I have them shipped to a shipping company so that they do not sit on my front porch for a few hours. Instead, Fedex just delivers them to some random business and cannot locate them. Just to be clear, not Heritage's fault. These are the golden age books that are missing and presumed stolen.

Golden Age (1938-1955):Cartoon Character, Four Color #308 Donald Duck (Dell, 1951) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Off-white to white pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Junior Miss #31 (Timely, 1948) CGC VG+ 4.5 Off-white to white pages....

These are the copper books

Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, The Beagle Boys #10 File Copy (Gold Key, 1970) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, The Beagle Boys #21 File Copy (Gold Key, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, Uncle Scrooge #120 (Gold Key, 1975) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

If you see them listed please let me know. I will update this thread with the police report once I get it. Thanks for any help you can give!

Not sure if this is regional but sometimes fedex delivers packages to my local us postal service branch who in turn then deliver them to my address. Might be the case with you too, hopefully 

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they turn up! I had FedEx lose a package of mine as well. Even though it said signature required, it's likely the driver signed it himself (our property manager tells me that they do that sometimes, and we even had a tenant post a note on the front door imploring the driver to use the signature service as it's intended).

Of USPS, UPS, and FedEx, they seem to be the worst.

Sorry again about your lost book!

UPS and FedEx Express are union workers making up to six figures. Not the kind of job you want to be fired from. FedEx Ground are contract workers making low wages based on how many packages they deliver. So the quality will not be there.

That all being said, I hope you find your books. Keep bugging FedEx, they should have a GPS tag of the scan.

As I have often reported on these boards, in my area, except for one driver that is unfortunately no longer assigned to my route from what I have seen, FedEx is horrendous.

As I previously noted, my last shipment from CGC was left at the house next door with folks who recently purchased the home. When they notified me and I collected the box they informed me that no one by the name that was used to sign for the delivery resided there. Clearly, the driver that delivered the box signed for it.

I complained to FedEx and they followed-up with me and I complained some more. Since my complaint the FedEx deliveries have been fine (no CGC boxes) with the driver ringing the door bell and waiting to hand the package to me or one of my family members. Being wholly cynical about FedEx, I don't believe this improved service will last and sooner rather than later they will ignore any future complaints I may make.

On 8/19/2023 at 12:12 PM, Beastfeast said:

Also, Clinks shipping prices are ridiculousssssss. Have they ever justified the pricing or is it just blatant shipping profiteering? 

PS - FedEx sucks. 

I think CLink has a $500 or higher tier for shipping. I just won a piece of art for $195 and was surprised I only got charged $20. I think if you get past $500, the fees really go up.

On 8/19/2023 at 11:12 AM, Beastfeast said:

Also, Clinks shipping prices are ridiculousssssss. Have they ever justified the pricing or is it just blatant shipping profiteering? 

PS - FedEx sucks. 

Clink buys full price postage and insurance from USPS direct. Like it's super easy to get discounted rates, but they refuse. It's the dumbest thing ever.

On 8/19/2023 at 1:42 PM, Tnexus said:

Clink buys full price postage and insurance from USPS direct. Like it's super easy to get discounted rates, but they refuse. It's the dumbest thing ever.

I just assumed they had a discount rate because of the volume they ship.  Wowwww.  That's even dumber than I thought.  

I mean, you can get a deeper discount than that just by using Pirateship.  So odd.  

Edited by Beastfeast

On 8/18/2023 at 11:16 PM, B2D327 said:

Not sure if this is regional but sometimes fedex delivers packages to my local us postal service branch who in turn then deliver them to my address. Might be the case with you too, hopefully 

I appreciate the sentiment but Fedex has told Heritage it is gone. I really am bummed as I rarely buy things just for resale. They always go into my personal collection for at least a while.

On 8/19/2023 at 2:30 PM, Nazirite said:

I'm sorry man, for future purchases you can request HA ship via USPS only, between that and getting a PO Box for CGC returns, I have successfully cut FedEx out my life. 

I had no idea! I'll call in on Monday and get it changed. Thanks!

On 8/19/2023 at 11:21 AM, Courageous Cat said:

Fedex sucks and I wish CGC would stop doing returned submissions with them

@CGC Mike

This. 

On 8/19/2023 at 3:30 PM, Nazirite said:

I'm sorry man, for future purchases you can request HA ship via USPS only, between that and getting a PO Box for CGC returns, I have successfully cut FedEx out my life. 

Many USPS locations now offer with their PO box service the ability to utilize the actual street address syntax with your box # so any shipping carrier service can deliver to you. This is the best route to go as the destination will be blatantly obvious to any potential drivers who are not familiar with the area especially versus say dealing with condo/apartment type complexes or a business/industry/strip mall type destinations. 

On 8/20/2023 at 9:19 AM, Badger said:

I had no idea! I'll call in on Monday and get it changed. Thanks!

unless you ask specifically HA will ship without signature required (HA charges extra for signature required on their parcels - at least in my case)

On 8/20/2023 at 4:05 AM, Poka said:

unless you ask specifically HA will ship without signature required (HA charges extra for signature required on their parcels - at least in my case)

I have never requested this from Heritage, and my shipments have always required a signature. Might have something to do with value. 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:11 PM, factory sealed said:

Many USPS locations now offer with their PO box service the ability to utilize the actual street address syntax with your box # so any shipping carrier service can deliver to you. This is the best route to go as the destination will be blatantly obvious to any potential drivers who are not familiar with the area especially versus say dealing with condo/apartment type complexes or a business/industry/strip mall type destinations. 

I'm going to check into this for my area. Thanks!