• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect the worlds best collection of video game comic 1st apps in 9.8 only!
2 2

199 posts in this topic

Was this a video game?

Mine is not NM or anything but randomly found it in my closet 😂 

A press would help haha edit to say that it has "comic pages inside"

IMG_20240611_110027387~2.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I'd loaded the comic pages but meh

It wasn't Valerian so much as the ambassador of the shadows comic, idk where I picked it up at, I'm guessing preview book?

Idk but lol didn't know where to ask. :shy:

On 6/11/2024 at 9:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd loaded the comic pages but meh

It wasn't Valerian so much as the ambassador of the shadows comic, idk where I picked it up at, I'm guessing preview book?

Idk but lol didn't know where to ask. :shy:

Valerian is a character, so I'd assume the Ambassador of the Shadows was a particular title for that character's series.  I really like a lot of Euro comic art and had high hopes for the movie but it failed.

On 6/11/2024 at 12:17 PM, Yorick said:

Valerian is a character, so I'd assume the Ambassador of the Shadows was a particular title for that character's series.  I really like a lot of Euro comic art and had high hopes for the movie but it failed.

I saw it as a prescreen and it was visually effective, but struck me as a kids follow along joyride, not kiddish but maybe teenager.

I got a shirt and a poster from it, I suppose I got this comic as well ❤️‍🩹 so idk, just was curious!

3727021_Full_Rev.jpg

On 6/11/2024 at 12:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was this a video game?

Mine is not NM or anything but randomly found it in my closet 😂 

A press would help haha edit to say that it has "comic pages inside"

IMG_20240611_110027387~2.jpg

yo! double checked, Its not a video game to my knowledge, still a cool book tho!

On 6/12/2024 at 8:29 AM, FloridianDemon said:

yo! double checked, Its not a video game to my knowledge, still a cool book tho!

Here is the poster lol 

Anyone remember that Rhianna made a random appearance? lol But thanks for double checking! ^^ 

GetImage.aspx?c=4028751&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=Ni8xMi8yMDI0IDk6NTY6MTAgQU0=

On 6/15/2024 at 8:17 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Welp! today was a very productive day!!! fresh back from CGC! These make 75 Books!!! A new milestone!!

2wnymotg.png

673179qx.png

grnbmxxd.png

oznc74m8.png

Man, Vigilante 8 was one of my favorite PS1 games. I actually preferred it over Twisted Metal. Fun times.

On 6/21/2024 at 10:38 PM, BuraddoRun said:

Man, Vigilante 8 was one of my favorite PS1 games. I actually preferred it over Twisted Metal. Fun times.

Lol I preferred twisted metal, even recently for some odd reason bought a twisted metal Tshirt lol

Back when I was younger, wasn't #2 or something like 4 player and could play against friends?  Seems like that was new to me at the time

On 6/21/2024 at 11:38 PM, BuraddoRun said:

Its was a tricky book! there are a few available but I only found one that looked like it could hit the 9.8! I was always more of Twisted metal fan myself but its great to have!

On 6/22/2024 at 8:39 AM, FloridianDemon said:

Its was a tricky book! there are a few available but I only found one that looked like it could hit the 9.8! I was always more of Twisted metal fan myself but its great to have!

Yeah, 9.8 on that is a great hit. If this sort of thing ever gets more widespread demand, that'll be a tough one.

At this rate, I expect that someday, you're going to pull a 9.8 Twisted Metal 2 out of thin air. Probably the ultimate grail book for this collection. When you started, I didn't think it would be possible, but I also would have said that there weren't any raw 9.8 first prints of Doom sitting around for you to get slabbed, either!

The only things that might be truly impossible to 9.8 at this point are the Atari pack-ins. I've been looking, but unless there's a warehouse find somewhere... yeah.

On 6/23/2024 at 6:59 PM, Onewhois said:

Here is a fun one. Only released in Italy. For the Avengers game. Plus the captain America on the cover in the game. It’s an exclusive suite for the game. So I guess this be a first appearance of this kind of suite ?

signed by cover artist Dell Otto. 

IMG_4926.jpeg

IMG_4901.jpeg

Very cool! I will add it to the list! Seems like a challenge!

On 6/24/2024 at 12:21 PM, Yorick said:

Is it really???!!  Wow.  I would have thought there'd be something from the original movie and game...  (thumbsu

It's sometimes super random what franchises got comic book adaptations near their original release. The Tron film had a couple of novelizations and even a pop-up book (which actually went on sale before the film premiere) but no comics.

Fun fact about this book, though. It really does belong in this thread, because it continues the story of the Tron 2.0 video game rather than just deriving directly from the first film 

On 6/23/2024 at 6:59 PM, Onewhois said:

Here is a fun one. Only released in Italy. For the Avengers game. Plus the captain America on the cover in the game. It’s an exclusive suite for the game. So I guess this be a first appearance of this kind of suite ?

signed by cover artist Dell Otto. 

IMG_4926.jpeg

IMG_4901.jpeg

Got it :D

Avengers #1(video game).png