• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect the worlds best collection of video game comic 1st apps in 9.8 only!
2 2

173 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2023 at 6:08 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Do you have a list of books you're hunting for?

Are you just looking for comics from properties that were video games first? Because that makes Shadowman a little less of a necessity. (And that's not Shadowman's first appearance, anyway.)

I do have a list( it keeps growing as i discover new ones i didnt know about like mirror's edge SDCC ashcan etc), and nah, if they have a video game I dont mind grabbing it but i would want the comic to be based in the game world. like I dont need the 1st batman, I need the batman Arkham asylum #1 though

On 9/28/2023 at 12:29 AM, FloridianDemon said:

I do have a list( it keeps growing as i discover new ones i didnt know about like mirror's edge SDCC ashcan etc), and nah, if they have a video game I dont mind grabbing it but i would want the comic to be based in the game world. like I dont need the 1st batman, I need the batman Arkham asylum #1 though

Probably a good idea, because the first Turok would be pricey too.

On 9/28/2023 at 6:45 PM, Sauce Dog said:

That is only the first Valiant appearance, Four Color #596 is the original 1st appearance.

Yep.  That's a rough one to find in good condition.  It's gonna be 2k+ for anything 8.5+

On 10/7/2023 at 4:53 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Hmm.. are the ones from the games the same character? or is it the acclaim/valiant version? 

Well same character but Valiants re intro inspired the game.

On 10/20/2023 at 2:53 AM, WolverineX said:

Damn! congrats!! what is the census?  I need to slab mine. Do we know the print run?  

Only 2 graded! 1 3.5 and 1 9.8 now! They are rare, they weren't in comic shops. they were handed out by the dev team if you visited their studio. You almost never see em' for sale on eBay or anything

On 10/7/2023 at 7:53 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Hmm.. are the ones from the games the same character? or is it the acclaim/valiant version? 

Valiant's Turok (and Magnus) pretty much continued the continuity of the Gold Key books (but Solar was reimagined). But when Acclaim bought out Valiant, they rebooted the line of comics as Acclaim comics, and all of the Valiant characters (including the Gold Key characters) were rebooted. So if you're mainly looking for the first comic of the video game version of the characters, it would be the Acclaim Turoks (and Shadowman) to look for. Shadowman is a tricky one though, because the comic posted earlier in the thread was a variant of the first Acclaim Shadowman book, but it was printed a year after the regular version (which also has a variant printed at the same time).

On 8/31/2023 at 5:20 AM, FloridianDemon said:

Funnily enough I don't care about those, they are not 1st apps, 1st mario is blip 1 and nintendo comic systems preview nn is 1st zelda(and punch out!). And those books cost near the same prices

You’re counting Blip even though it’s not technically a comic? It’s a magazine. Are you looking for just the first appearance of a video game character in “comic” form regardless of the type of publication? Like if the first “comic” appearance of Sonic, for example, was in a strip from like Mad Magazine, would you count that?