• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect the worlds best collection of video game comic 1st apps in 9.8 only!
2 2

180 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2024 at 7:37 AM, F For Fake said:
On 4/20/2024 at 9:45 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Ugh. I have been trying to get this one for LONG time! one of my fav games! 1st app of Sam & Max! I got it for a steal too. half FMV

79j2ywhi.png

Expand  

Sam and Max rule.

Ya I found a f/vf at the lcs and put it back event though there was a sale. Idk if it was 1st print, but got home and did the research, called for them to hold it while I went back, but it had sold lol 

Just in case you hadn't had "one of those days" in a while :roflmao:

this was winter this year I think :cheers: 

On 4/24/2024 at 1:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I found a f/vf at the lcs and put it back event though there was a sale. Idk if it was 1st print, but got home and did the research, called for them to hold it while I went back, but it had sold lol 

Just in case you hadn't had "one of those days" in a while :roflmao:

this was winter this year I think :cheers: 

I feel ya! When it comes these comics i just hop on em lol I almost never find them in the wild. 95% of my video game comic collection comes from ebay/ fb marketplace

On 4/23/2024 at 5:28 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Another big one! (1st app of Scott Pilgrim)

amwpltmb.png

Back in December I submitted for both Comics Festival! FCBD books to be updated with the appropriate Scott Pilgrim information from Wikipedia.
UNFORUNATELY, they haven't been...even after 4 months.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 183250.png

On 4/26/2024 at 5:39 PM, troydivision1 said:

Back in December I submitted for both Comics Festival! FCBD books to be updated with the appropriate Scott Pilgrim information from Wikipedia.
UNFORUNATELY, they haven't been...even after 4 months.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 183250.png

Was that the label notations thread? It is located in comics general coolest threads thread... Pinned I believe 

Although if that is where you submitted the request, I thought they had updated it since then with notations added. A head scratcher, but usually when they update, they give a reason why request is denied. Did it say?

I know also that CGC mike said the guy was busy last I heard, or I think 🤔 

On 4/26/2024 at 6:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was that the label notations thread? It is located in comics general coolest threads thread... Pinned I believe 

Although if that is where you submitted the request, I thought they had updated it since then with notations added. A head scratcher, but usually when they update, they give a reason why request is denied. Did it say?

I know also that CGC mike said the guy was busy last I heard, or I think 🤔 

Yes, posted in that thread.
Just viewed it to pull that snip and saw someone ask Mike about a request from 6 months ago.
Mike basically said that the ONE guy doing the notations is busy.
I'm also holding out hope for a Scott Pilgrim custom label to be announced to coincide with this year's 20th Anniversary.

On 4/27/2024 at 2:37 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Busy week with the grabs they were all so cheap I just couldn't help it! This one is from Mile high comics! 75$!! I get a good chunk of my books from them online.

20240427_170017.jpg

I like SW, but have no idea what this first appearance is.  Please, let me in on the secret.

On 4/27/2024 at 6:12 PM, Yorick said:

I like SW, but have no idea what this first appearance is.  Please, let me in on the secret.

Basically all the characters from the game Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order except for Cal Kestis. Most important being Cere Junda and Eno Cordova

On 4/27/2024 at 3:25 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Basically all the characters from the game Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order except for Cal Kestis. Most important being Cere Junda and Eno Cordova

I didn't play that one because I watched Shameless.  Can't put that actor into any other role.  lol

On 12/20/2023 at 2:19 PM, pmpknface said:

Just curious...   I just discovered this book after collecting Spidey for over 40 years and was wondering if it was on your list.  It's an old one, but I think it still counts - if you can find it in 9.8 that is:

s-l1600.jpg

This got me wondering whether the Marvel Questprobe books were on the list. I think they're probably common enough, but maybe not in 9.8.

On 4/27/2024 at 11:43 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This got me wondering whether the Marvel Questprobe books were on the list. I think they're probably common enough, but maybe not in 9.8.

I had to look this up, no there aren't many.  17, 7, and 2.  

On 5/3/2024 at 11:23 AM, wardevil0 said:

Seems like the kind of things folks here might like: 

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=60911249

(Not my book, not my listing, just ran across it.)

7482244.jpg

This is not actually the first appearance of the Metal gear characters, however. The 16-page ashcan was essentially a preview for this miniseries, and was distributed a couple months earlier. Not my book:

image.thumb.jpeg.c145880dd530046425aef958cbc942be.jpeg