• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Smith's Comic Artwork Collection Auction
2 2

46 posts in this topic

Kevin is autographing every piece of art. Even the Frank Miller DD page that he had nothing to do with. Won’t that make them just like the J. Scott Campbell covers autographed (marred) by Stan Lee? At least each piece comes with a COA. That and the autograph should really add value! 🤦‍♂️

IMG_0873.thumb.jpeg.4e839d17134d94580ec5dda251b3e931.jpeg

Edited by Michael Browning

On 8/29/2023 at 3:23 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

but beyond that, this is the most underwhelming Comic Pro's personal collection auction I've seen. I mean, all the other auction houses of note were probably approached first, and this ended up with a used car salesmen from Joisey.  zzz

Oh I don't know, there are quite a few nice pieces in there if you like your DC, Vertigo and indie stuff. If it's not your thing then sure there isn't much meat on the bone for buyers. There isn't really a focus on anything super powered.

To me it looks like a pretty cool part nostalgia, part creator collection. If he's selling it then OA was probably never really a long term priority. I have always wondered if creators eventually become less and less interested in what they did as they move towards getting the next thing out of the gate.

I still have the 2 pieces I bought from him the last time he was selling his art in 2011 (a Matt Wagner Arrow Cover and a Mazz DD cover homage by Oeming links here ( CAF Wagner Cover and  Oeming DD Cover Homage)

I was surprised to see all those Matt Wagner Green Arrow covers. I could have sworn I have seen some Matt Wagner Green Arrow covers sell. Were they other issues or did Kevin Smith buy them from the secondary market? Or did I mis-remember seeing them for sale?

Malvin

Edited by malvin

On 8/29/2023 at 10:09 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Joe looks like the love child of Herb Tarlek and Mike Burkey

Walmart Chris Farley.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:23 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

but beyond that, this is the most underwhelming Comic Pro's personal collection auction I've seen. I mean, all the other auction houses of note were probably approached first, and this ended up with a used car salesmen from Joisey.  zzz

Best Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back GIFs | Gfycat