• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worried
1 1

13 posts in this topic

On the way back, whichever you elect for your shipping method.

id consider contacting cgc directly about your specific situation and concerns

On 9/8/2023 at 7:55 PM, Cman429 said:

Insurance in what sense? That the post office doesn’t lose them? Then you insure them. That CGC doesn’t lose them? That’s why you declare a value on the form. Not sure 

Just nerve racking to send your comics off for weeks and have to not worry that you will get it back. Just nervous i guess

On 9/8/2023 at 10:13 PM, Pappys45 said:

Just nerve racking to send your comics off for weeks and have to not worry that you will get it back. Just nervous i guess

Totally hear you, but the odds of anything happening are quite low. You'll be fine.  :foryou:

On 9/8/2023 at 11:45 PM, Point Five said:

Totally hear you, but the odds of anything happening are quite low. You'll be fine.  :foryou:

+1  CGC has been in the business of grading comics for 24 years now.  The chance of an order being lost is extremely low, and the customer is insured by the company for the return shipping to you.

On 9/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, namisgr said:

+1  CGC has been in the business of grading comics for 24 years now.  The chance of an order being lost is extremely low, and the customer is insured by the company for the return shipping to you.

Keep in mind why it’s called insurance. You take it out on the items IN CASE something catastrophic happens. The chances of it happening, as has already been stated are rare, but things do happen. 

If you tend to be on the more nervous side putting books in the mail, it sounds like insurance would be the way to go. 

Forums bias being a consideration, CGC has lost more books (at least publicly posted about) in the last two years than I can remember in the last 10. In addition they are not seemingly honoring the declared value and when the situation is resolved at least two posters have stated they were not allowed to talk about it.

As I have started to trim down my collection; for insurance purposes I could not recommend enough CIS!

On 9/8/2023 at 10:13 PM, Pappys45 said:

A quote I always remind myself of when I'm waiting for books to come back.

'The soufflé will either rise or it won't — there's not a damn thing you can do about it, so you might as well just sit back and wait and see what happens." 

-Captain Benjamin Sisko

-RKSM