• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If You Could Spend an Hour with a Comic Creator (Living or Passed) Who Would You Choose?
3 3

61 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2023 at 5:07 AM, Krydel4 said:

I think I would like to spend an hour with Bill Finger. I would love to get his side of creating Batman and buy him a drink. How about you guys and gals?

That would be an interesting one. Especially to see how much animosity he had towards Bob Kane for taking all the credit. Would he be cool about it, or would you get explosive, vitriolic anger?  Careful.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/10/2023 at 1:33 PM, Ken Aldred said:

That would be an interesting one. Especially to see how much animosity he had towards Bob Kane for taking all the credit. Would he be cool about it, or would you get explosive, vitriolic anger?  Careful.

I would think from the biography I've read (Bill the Boy Wonder) he would be pretty even keeled as he didn't fly off the handle like Kane, which is why I think Kane was able to manipulate him so much. And thank him that we got the former rather than the latter...

batman-made-his-debut-in-1939s-detective-comics-27-with-most_az74.1080.jpg

5rp4xo47tif11.jpg

On 9/10/2023 at 4:35 PM, Robot Man said:

I don’t know about Finger but I was at SDCC one year and had just spent a few minutes with Jerry Robinson and getting a couple autographs. The guy behind me came up and asked him something about Kane. Jerry was a little floored and suprised. His face got a bit red and he said “never mention that man’s name in my presence again”. I guess it’s safe to say, Kane burned a lot of bridges…

This makes me think of the story about Steranko slapping Bill Kane. Kane was a bigger self promoter than Stan Lee. And that's saying something.

On 9/10/2023 at 3:05 PM, Math Teacher said:

Jack Kirby - 1st choice

Steve Ditko - 2nd choice

Murphy Anderson - 3rd choice

Murphy was a great person, artist and all and always dressed up.I was lucky to have met him and always loved his work

Edited by comicjack

On 9/10/2023 at 4:21 PM, 1950's war comics said:

would spend it with Kirby and then give him a nice tip afterwards ..

I was thinking a box of cigars would’ve been appreciated.

On 9/10/2023 at 9:43 PM, Dr. Love said:

Vinnie the Godfather.  And I don't mean Vinnie Z!

The only Vinnie I can think of is Colletta. But, surely not.

Kirby, for sure.  So many creations and stories

Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster, for another... they created the emblematic superhero, Siegel went to war, and their individual life experiences as Jewish creators of the most famous comic hero of all time and the struggles they went through with DC.  Fascinating stuff.