• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Label Reholder Question
2 2

67 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 3/28/2022 at 8:51 AM, Warner85 said:

Can I get an admin to confirm this? I want to send in a pristine 10 with no subs to see if it crosses. I would rather deal with the reholder fee and reholder TAT if possible, thanks.

For ReHolder service, Pristine 10 green labels will be reviewed for a possible Perfect 10 black label.

FYI--- IF YOU HAVE ORDERS at CSG right now, that were done with SUBGRADES BEFORE the announcement you are still GETTING CHARGED FOR SUB-GRADES they put on cards... NO OPTION. They want the cash. CSG should AT LEAST, for those of us who SPENT tons with them, WAVE ALL SUB-GRADE fees on any orders at CSG. REGARDLESS HOW LONG THEY WERE AT CSG.  

On 3/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, CGCRyan said:

For ReHolder service, a Pristine 10 in the green label will be given a Gem Mint 10 in the black label.  

I know all that. Can I please get a straight answer to my question? Are subs kept on file since they are said to use them to figure final grade? Wouldn’t they be able to just do a reholder and upgrade the grade to a perfect if subs on file warrant it? Is my only option to do a crossover to see if my pristine 10 (without subs) can be upgraded to a perfect?

• Administrator
On 3/29/2022 at 6:05 PM, Warner85 said:

I know all that. Can I please get a straight answer to my question? Are subs kept on file since they are said to use them to figure final grade? Wouldn’t they be able to just do a reholder and upgrade the grade to a perfect if subs on file warrant it? Is my only option to do a crossover to see if my pristine 10 (without subs) can be upgraded to a perfect?

This is the information I was given:

A customer who sends in their green label Pristine 10 is guaranteed a Gem Mint 10 in the new label. Pristine 10 green labels will be reviewed for a possible Perfect 10 black label.

On 3/31/2022 at 10:42 AM, mrkollector said:

But if the old 9.5 is the new 10, this has all four subgrades at 10.

I believe I've read this in a different post.  If you have a CSG 10 Perfect with all sub-grades listed as 10's, that would cross over to the new CSG 10 Perfect with the black label.  They will then list all sub grades on the back of the flip.

Admin-please correct if I'm wrong.

On 3/31/2022 at 2:04 PM, jwhauser said:

I believe I've read this in a different post.  If you have a CSG 10 Perfect with all sub-grades listed as 10's, that would cross over to the new CSG 10 Perfect with the black label.  They will then list all sub grades on the back of the flip.

Admin-please correct if I'm wrong.

This is correct.  Only the pristine cards will be modified to Gem Mint 10 under the black label.

They have not previewed the Perfect 10 label yet, I believe they stated in a message above it is still being worked on and will be revealed soon.

On 3/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, Prime Sports Cards said:

I thought I read somewhere the reholder fee was going to be $5 to change from the green label. Can someone clarify thanks?

$5..

But we have to pay S/H ea. way !

cost more $$

On 3/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, AM Cards said:

If it's for a PC, I agree.  But If you are selling on Ebay, people will start to search for CSG 10 and may miss the old 9.5s.  I always put "CSG 9.5 GEM MINT" in my titles, but I don't know if people search that way or not.  I am going to re-holder my bigger cards that are now 9.5s such as Brady, Morant, etc...but I will probably leave the lesser ones that got 9.5s as they are.

This is exactly what I am doing. Some of them are for my PC, too, and I literally don't give a flying F what they look like in the green label slabs so it's not worth it to pay as little as $5 to get them re-slabbed. 

On 3/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, Blobiej25 said:

Does anyone know for reslab of an OG green GM 9.5 to a GM 10, would we just send in the slabs as is and CSG will crack them and then reslab to the GM 10?

Yes. Obviously, if you crack them out yourself, they wouldn't be eligible for a reholder service.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:39 AM, Mnckla22 said:

It looks like my re-holder cards are shipping back to me today. They received them 3/31. They changed the cert number for those that do the registry, nice little bump for my cards.   

sweet, when did your submission get scanned? mine also arrived on the 31st but no updates yet

Edited by AdrianLT

On 4/5/2022 at 10:50 AM, AdrianLT said:

sweet, when did your submission get scanned? mine also arrived on the 31st but no updates yet

Oh sorry, they arrived at CSG on 3/28 and got scanned in 3/31. I am guessing yours should be scanned in soon. I know lots of people are sending back for re-holdering. I think mine might of beaten the rush 

On 4/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, Mnckla22 said:

It looks like my re-holder cards are shipping back to me today. They received them 3/31. They changed the cert number for those that do the registry, nice little bump for my cards.   

Few questions..

How many cards did u send in & what was ship cost to & from CSG ?

With shipping & the $5 charge what was your per unit cost to reslab ?

Thx, Pete

On 4/16/2022 at 7:39 AM, Picklepete said:

Few questions..

Thx, Pete

Unless you're doing a really small order, your cost per unit will probably be $6.50-$6.75.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:39 PM, Picklepete said:

Few questions..

Thx, Pete

I shipped them 15 total cards. It cost me about $45 to ship as I shipped them registered mail. 

The per unit cost was about $8.50, I did registered mail each way though. Would be cheaper if you did UPS or FedEx. 

On 4/16/2022 at 9:10 PM, Mnckla22 said:

I shipped them 15 total cards. It cost me about $45 to ship as I shipped them registered mail. 

The per unit cost was about $8.50, I did registered mail each way though. Would be cheaper if you did UPS or FedEx. 

Ok..I have about 30 to send in.

Are they bumping say 8.5 to 9 or only gem mnt 9.5 ?

Thx.

On 4/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, Picklepete said:

Ok..I have about 30 to send in.

Are they bumping say 8.5 to 9 or only gem mnt 9.5 ?

Thx.

Think of it more as a reassignment from 9.5 to 10. Black 10s are WAY more liberal than Green 10s. I would venture to say (after seeing some Black 10s) that Black 10s might be more liberal than top end Green 9.5s.

Edited by northkorea
Typo of 1 instead of 10

@CGCRyan, two quick questions:

1. If sending in a BGS 9.5 Gem Mint for crossover service same grade or higher, is CSG considering CSG 9.5 Mint+ or CSG 10 Gem Mint the same as the BGS 9.5 Gem Mint?

2. How do you submit a CSG card for review to a higher grade?  I have some CSG 9s with strong subs that I would like to see if they can qualify for a CSG 9.5 Mint+.

Thank you!