• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage 80s T Shirts Comic super heroes, Concerts, WWF etc. selling for thousands of dollars.
2 2

73 posts in this topic

Move over VHS slabs. Anyone following this latest craze? Imagine what this merch would sell for new mint with tags.

(FYI the Wolverine etc. and Venom etc. shirts sold for at least $1900 each as those best offers accepted were still populating well over the vintage IM BIN shirt in the sold search results) 

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 10.59.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.00.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.00.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.00.41 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.00.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.01.27 PM.png

On 9/18/2023 at 11:13 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol

I remember being young and wanting band shirts! Not going to spring for them now though.

Happy somebody out there is having fun.

If memory serves, even in real-time those concert t-shirts were not cheap. For a reference point, I think for the price of one t-shirt, you could get four MOTU 8 backs or a G1 Optimus Prime.

On 9/18/2023 at 10:51 PM, factory sealed said:

If memory serves, even in real-time those concert t-shirts were not cheap. For a reference point, I think for the price of one t-shirt, you could get four MOTU 8 backs or a G1 Optimus Prime.

I know I've seen the Metallica merch on pawn stars, but I believe those were at least signed as well. I've also heard sports stuff is expensive, and is probably leading the pack on pricey merch I'm sure but idk.

I have a few shirts given away at movie screenings, but all of it I'm not too familiar. Comic shirts and ephemera I know even less. I can only imagine Taylor Swift stuff lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I still have a lot of original rock band shirts I bought in the late ‘60’s thru the ‘70’s. They have been worth money for quite a while. My younger daughter snagged a couple of New Wave and Punk shirts and wore them out.

I see them at crazy prices out at flea markets now days. All the Young hipster kids are grabbing them up. The Japanese folks got in early and have been paying up for years. 

I had this X-Men shirt when it came out (ordered it from a comic book, of course) and have been wanting to replace it for years, but it has always been impossible to find or way overpriced when I do find one.  I see one now on eBay for $170, which is still too much, especially since I know I'll just ruin it with nasty pit stains.  :sick:  (White t-shirts are not my friend.  :frown:)  I was also a size smaller then, so the image on the front didn't look so dinky.  It has Cyclops and Wolverine on the front, the rest of the team on the back.

I also had a black Infinity Gauntlet shirt, with the cover image from issue 4 ("Come and get me!") in the upper left on the front and the cover to issue 3 (all the heroes) covering the back, but I haven't been able to find that one anywhere.

I wore these shirts all the time back in '91-92 as a college freshman.  Surprisingly, the ladies didn't flock to me...  (shrug)

X-Men1.gif

X-Men2.gif

X-Men3.gif

I'm not going to take pics of all of them, and long story short :makepoint: I guess I still have about 35 to 40 years to go on these Movie Promo Shirts.

I also have Shazam: Black Adam and Valerion, the Movie Promo Shirts, but lol idk, one can dream. I think that I gave a couple of my doubles away for the Christmas and Holiday Boards Stuff...

3272710_Full_Rev.jpg?t=Ni8yNC8yMDIyIDQ6MTc6MTggUE0=%224302401_Full_Rev.jpg?t=OC8yMS8yMDIxIDI6MzI6NDUgUE0=%22

and a Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Promo Hat GetImage.aspx?c=3927713&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=OS8xOS8yMDIzIDExOjA4OjI0IEFN

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/18/2023 at 8:05 PM, factory sealed said:

Move over VHS slabs. Anyone following this latest craze? Imagine what this merch would sell for new mint with tags.

(FYI the Wolverine etc. and Venom etc. shirts sold for at least $1900 each as those best offers accepted were still populating well over the vintage IM BIN shirt in the sold search results) 

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 10.59.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.00.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.00.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.00.41 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.00.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.01.27 PM.png

Wouldn't spend more than $20 for each of those.