• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE to Shortboxed Shipping and Service issue
7 7

113 posts in this topic

For those of you playing at home, it was obvious to me after three days that the seller was never going to ship that book, which is why I tried to contact Shortboxed. Unfortunately, their customer service hours are limited to Mon-Fri, 9-5 PST.  For New Yorkers, this means once Saturday starts, there's no support until after noon on Monday. 

As this was a time-sensitive situation, these limited hours and the method of contact (personal emails) was difficult to accommodate and explain to other involved parties. Fortunately Shortboxed was able to effect the refund quickly...after noon on Monday when they finally "opened" on the East Coast. 

A further concern is the anonymity of sellers - how would a buyer know to avoid the bad ones? The seller in this situation was suspended, although there may have been additional reasons for that. Shortboxed will soon be badging sellers as Power Sellers and/or Trusted Graders, a move to professionalizing their service for which I heartily commend them. Hopefully as their business grows, they will be able to provide more active and sophisticated customer support as well.

Gambold Vintage

Edited by Gambold Vintage
Final Update

On 10/1/2023 at 9:11 AM, DougC said:

I would recommend finding a different market app that better suits your needs and taking a step back to breathe and have patients.

I would recommend lighting one's hair on fire and taking to the internet in hopes of finding a mob that will grab the torches and help to burn the place to the ground.  Fire it up!  Fire it up!

Chill Relax GIF

On 10/1/2023 at 7:26 AM, Gambold Vintage said:

Count me in as another one time only user. Ordered my first book on there four days ago. It hasn’t moved. No communication is possible with the seller and the “customer support” to the only two email addresses posted has ignored my emails.

There is no phone number or contact form, or any online record of communications. My grandmother has a better customer support  interface for her yarn company.  

My next step is to file a complaint with my credit card company. If you can’t respond to customers, you should not be taking their money. 

I tried. Terrible first experience means I’ll take my business elsewhere. Happily there are plenty of other options. 

On 10/1/2023 at 5:37 AM, Gambold Vintage said:

Thanks gatekeeper. Any defense for the lack of customer support, while you’re at it?

I didn't expect to receive the book by now, but I did expect the USPS to at least get their hands on it within the first 72 hours of the order.  It hasn't moved out of the seller's house. For four days now.  My 30-years of online commerce experience tells me that it never will.  

'gatekeeper' lol