• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 Collecting goals?

65 posts in this topic

You won't have to go far to meet your goals...I'm locked and loaded and ready to sell.. wink.gif After I've finished re-organizing my collection I'll send over a list. Thanks for continued patronage 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks for making them availible. What you are selling fits the critia for my permanent collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif Now if DC would make nice hardcover editions of the genre availible.

I definitely plan to finish my Pep run--only 13 issues to go and none under #44 smile.gif

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish my entire Archie collection this year as well 893crossfingers-thumb.gif There's nothing very expensive left, just a lot of stragglers.

Finish upgrading my Silver and Bronze Age X-Men.

1) 1-20: 8.0 or better

2) 21-93: 9.0 or better

3) 94-150 and GSX-1 9.6 or better

Pretty much the same for me but the I have less to go and want higher grades -

In level of priority -

1. X-men 2,3,5,7,8,10-12,15,18,28,73,76,79,91 in 9.4 or above

2. 95 and up in 9.8

3. 94,101 and Giant Size 1 in 9.6.

Perhaps I will PM you a list when I get it together of my silver issues in less than 9.4 and my bronze that are less then 9.6.

That would be good. thumbsup2.gif I won't have the money to finish the majority of my want list until later in the summer but i'm hoping that once i do i'll be able to not only finish it but even pick up some of them in the higher grades 9.2-9.4 (silver). I've already finished most of the bronze except (94,95,96101,GSX-1). I'm slowly working on the silver.

Casey

Finish JLA 50-100 9.2 or better(about 15 books)

Finish JLA 100-144 9.4 or better (about 20 books)

Finish Flash 191-250 9.2 or better (about 30 books)

Get a NM 9.4 Phantom Stranger 40 so I can finally finish this damn run

Start on Jonah Hex or finish GL

2006 Goals:

-Continue trimming down my monthly pulls in favor of TPB's

-Make it to Wizard World Philly

-If I make a trip to Florida, plan for a day to visit Steve and the boys

-Meet more forum members

-Buy more OA than back issues

For 2006, I want to:

1. Upgrade at least 5 Batman's in my collection (hopefully issues 14, 18, 25, 31, 44, 68)

2. Purchase at least 20 Detectives I need to finish the run with at least one being between 27 and 38.

3. Buy at least one page or original art. I now only buy splash pages but would also pick up a panel page of golden-age art.

4. Buy at least 1000 mylars to upgrade some of my bags on bookes from the 70s and 80s.

5. Sell off my Golden-Age Batman dups (my 28 just sold on CLINK! so its a start)

6. Test the waters for selling some Buscema panel page Avengers pages.

Last year I did pretty good on my collecting goals so hopefully this year will be better.

Buy some OA.

Get some DC Bronze Horror Keys.

Finally, drop some money on a GA Captain Marvel or Plastic Man Key.

Yee haw. I think, I just got me a decent BA Horror Key. Knock this one off the list. Here's the auction, I just won:

Swamp Thing #1 VF/NM 9.0 Wrightson Art

Let me know, if you think the guy's grade is in the Ball Park. I can see this sucker getting slabbed, if it is. grin.gif

Buy some OA.

Yee haw. I think, I just got me a decent BA Horror Key. Knock this one off the list. Here's the auction, I just won:

Let me know, if you think the guy's grade is in the Ball Park. I can see this sucker getting slabbed, if it is. grin.gif

I wouldn't bother to slab it, there are alot of high grade copies around. Just enjoy it without adding another 40 bucks or so to the price. Nice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

Buy some OA.

I got outbid on his HOS 92 by $3 because I couldn't snipe. Christo_pull_hair.gif I took a look at his auctions and the grading is hit or miss. Some look to be accurate (your ST 1 is one of them) while others are overgraded by .5 - 1.5. Nice pickup and hopefully it's as nice as it looks in the scan. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I just looked at that one. It was in the ballpark, grade wise. The seller MrBaboo has one that didn't sell. I would keep my eyes out for that one or contact him and tender an offer.

You though it was an 8.0? I am not so sure. That was a pretty deep spine dent. I wouldn't think it was better than a 7.0/7.5, but maybe the buyer got lucky. I will check on the copy you mentioned, thanks for the tip. thumbsup2.gif

1. Continue to sell stuff to pay off enormous OA grail acquired in 2005

2. Fill in any 6.0 or better pre-hero books I need (there's still TOO MANY I don't have!!!)

3. Once #1 is complete, look for other key OA to acquire.

4. Lather, rinse, repeat.