• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Fall Edition #8 Round 4
10 10

114 posts in this topic

:tonofbricks:how is that punch a 4.5? 

9 points with 2 bullseyes lol 

On 11/4/2023 at 10:46 PM, Point Five said:

6 points here. Did pretty well overall but missed badly on the Action; I thought for sure the back cover would sink the technical grade. :wavingwhiteflag:

On 11/4/2023 at 10:46 PM, B3AST said:

couple if bulls but I dinged the Action hard for the staining on the front cover :frown:

Back cover! No, front cover!  :slapfight:

*Both* covers of the Action seemed to have some showthrough from the interior ads -- that may have been what you were seeing on the front, those kind of pink hazy shapes in the yellow spotlights. Top of back cover looks pretty stained/discolored to me even setting aside the showthrough, but ah well. Maybe it's not that bad in hand.

7 points, another mediocre performance. meh

But nowhere near as bad as the last round though! That round sunk me good! 

I think I've seen all the mid-grade GA books I ever want to see... er, on second thought, that's not quite true - it's just all the midgrade GA books IN A GRADING CONTEST that I ever want to see again LOL! 

xD

As predicted, I'm killing myself over Punch #10

I initially wanted to go 5.0 because of how it presented, but because of the size of the corner out being more than 1/2", I busted it down to a 3.5. Should have just gone with my gut. 

At any rate, I still had an awesome time and posted my best showing in the contest ever with an aggregate score of 20.

Thanks, @CGC Mike