• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE! — CGC nefarious behavior! Any advice/help would be appreciated.
6 6

183 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2023 at 3:18 PM, ttfitz said:

I used to have a very high opinion of you, but knowing that you heat up pizza in the microwave? I may have to rethink my opinion.... :baiting:

It was allegorical, trust me. 

When ordering delivery, I sometimes request the pie uncut, so I can slide it back in the oven and return it to it's primordial state before consumption :cloud9: GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/2/2023 at 8:09 AM, Ghostzapper said:

Our Operations manager reviewed the security footage from when our Receiving team opened your package.  The receiving rep can be seen opening the box and removing the two comics and their packing slip but, unfortunately, there was nothing else included in the box.  There was no magazine or magazine packing slip included inside.   Is it possible that you thought you included it but perhaps it got left out on your end accidentally?

Asking if it's possible that the submitter made a mistake, but denying the possibility of the receiving team making a mistake. (shrug)

On 11/2/2023 at 3:27 PM, jimjum12 said:

When ordering delivery, I sometimes request the pie uncut, so I can slide it back in the oven and return it to it's primordial state before consumption :cloud9: GOD BLESS ....

I'm with you there - an uncut pizza that can be heated up at home on the pizza stone is one of the great pleasures of life.

Okay, you're back on the good-egg list.

Going back over this thread I think the below picture is how the OP basically packaged their books then placed them inside the box:

image.png.6c07f3bba0b5bdec5de9dfa684e63e5b.png

If this is the case it is also the reason why CGC will never of their own accord show the video to @Ghostzapper. It is very likely the video shows someone from receiving opening the box, removing the top piece of cardboard, cataloging the two comic books, and then throwing the rest away. This would be immediately pointed out by OP with time stamps in their reply to CGC and in turn they would need to find some reason to still not take responsibility.

With all these "thefts" and missing books, I wonder why CGC doesn't have a loss prevention department to keep their employees honest and investigate these claims.  I'm sure having millions of dollars of customer's books is worth hiring someone to investigate such losses, instead of waiting for a manager or customer service rep to look into the matter.

While it's nice to do, they don't have to show you any video of them receiving the books.  If you truly think someone stole the book then file a police report and have the police grab a copy of the video.  That's how we do things where I work.  We don't allow customers to review video due to privacy concerns...I guess, but if the police came in asking to see the video because they're investigating a crime then we'll even burn copies of the video for them.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:47 PM, DougC said:

Going back over this thread I think the below picture is how the OP basically packaged their books then placed them inside the box:

image.png.6c07f3bba0b5bdec5de9dfa684e63e5b.png

If this is the case it is also the reason why CGC will never of their own accord show the video to @Ghostzapper. It is very likely the video shows someone from receiving opening the box, removing the top piece of cardboard, cataloging the two comic books, and then throwing the rest away. This would be immediately pointed out by OP with time stamps in their reply to CGC and in turn they would need to find some reason to still not take responsibility.

This needs to be on an easel with yarn lines from OP to CGC, to the garbage can.

Bravo. 

On 11/2/2023 at 9:18 PM, Semicentennial said:

millions

I'm betting it's more than just a few million books. More likely $100's of millions in books. 

Now talk to me about coins...and multiply by a factor of 100 for coins. 

Those are industries that handle BILLIONS in products each year. 

Millions of today are the $100,000's of 2019. 

On 11/2/2023 at 7:21 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm betting it's more than just a few million books. More likely $100's of millions in books. 

Now talk to me about coins...and multiply by a factor of 100 for coins. 

Those are industries that handle BILLIONS in products each year. 

Millions of today are the $100,000's of 2019. 

Well if there are hundred of millions, or perhaps billions of dollars of customer items in inventory,  then its unacceptable not to have an asset protection department team in place if they don't already have one. 

Edited by Semicentennial

On 11/2/2023 at 10:31 PM, Semicentennial said:

Well if there are hundred of millions, or perhaps billions of dollars of customer items in inventory,  then its unacceptable not to have an asset protection department team in place if they don't already have one. 

I'm not knocking their security. They may very well have. Blackstone is no dummy. The dude didn't become one of the wealthiest people in America being a dork.

I would really be surprised if they didn't have more security than people realized. 

I've walked into restaurants for celebrities that hire their own private "militia" where every security guard (and there are several in one place) is 6.5 feet tall, 300+ lbs and are packing double heat, and I've been to some incredibly large auction houses that also have their own security to protect assets - we're talking the type of security that would protect a foreign national. I wouldn't even be surprised if at a certain level they're using near military level tech to protect their assets. 

People tend think kind of small unless they've been exposed to other realities. You can't cut it with just a motion sensor and a retired security guard over night anymore. lol

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/2/2023 at 1:48 AM, shadroch said:

Would Collector's Insurance cover something like this?

That's a good question. Depends first on whether youve got coverage eh

20k shipment hope the OP has something to back stop a disaster. You can shake your fist at CGC till the cows come home, in this life stuff happens