• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,357 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2023 at 10:19 AM, Cnight said:

Thanks @seanfingh! That was what I figured but didn’t know if there was anything further on the legal side regarding this matter.

At least I got my books back! Better than many can say at this time 😕.

When did you get your books back.

On 11/21/2023 at 11:01 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Attention, attention! 

If you have sent books to Hero Restoration and have not received them back, please send a copy of your email receipt from H R showing what books were sent and the date to @Sauce Dog and myself.  Feel free to redact any personal information you aren't comfortable sharing such as a credit card number and so forth.  Please use your own judgement on what you do or do not want to share at this time.  It may become necessary to provide more detail later, but let's start with this.  The purpose of this request is probably obvious, but feel free to PM me or SD with any questions or concerns.

Bump.  :wishluck: 

On 12/3/2023 at 9:04 PM, KCOComics said:

@MattTheDuck and @Sauce Dog 

Can you tell us how many people have responded or the total $$ reported as stolen? 

If you don't want to disclose, that's understandable. I'm just curious how much traction you are getting. 

Only six replies so far, but the amount of $$ of books still held (or money taken with no services provided) averages over $13k per person.

edit: this is out of date, we have more replies and both the number of books and total value are considerably higher.

Edited by Sauce Dog

Are you a customer of Hero Restoration? Do they still have your books or money?

Here again is the link to the opportunity to let us know your books and money are part of this project.  Don't delay!

This survey is for customers who have yet to have their property returned by Hero Restoration. The purpose of this survey is to provide a working list of books that might be discovered and returned, as well as determine the extent of the monetary assets being held (and if these statistics/numbers can assist those of you who are considering legal action please make a note of it in your survey and we will reach out to you directly). If you are aware of other individuals, including any who may not be active on the CGC Boards, feel free to forward the link below to them.  Please note we can make no guarantee regarding the return of any books or money submitted to Hero Restoration but are attempting to develop a possible solution.  Your participation through this survey is critically important to that process and is greatly appreciated.

https://r8f0sk8dr88.typeform.com/to/yoKI6552

Hmmm. I hoped you guys would have heard from more customers by now. Have folks from the original June thread been responding? Some rainy day I can trawl through and send PMs to them if that would be helpful.

On 12/3/2023 at 7:15 PM, mattn792 said:

@Cantina201 - can you modify this thread’s title to mention that victims of Hero’s are invited to report their losses  for possible legal action?

Might be better to start a new thread?  OPs post history is basically the start of this thread and they haven't logged on in 2 weeks.

On 12/4/2023 at 3:33 AM, ExNihilo said:

Might be better to start a new thread?  OPs post history is basically the start of this thread and they haven't logged on in 2 weeks.

His lawyer has probably explained to him the importance of damage control. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I won't go into exact details on any data yet, but will touch on one. We all come to assume lots of the people who have problems are due to complex restoration jobs on epic books, but this is isn't that and it hits different:

One of the entries was for someone who only submitted a stack of books for pressing - that's it, not even crazy dry cleaning since they were modern books -  and none of those books were worked on in the two years after payment of several hundreds of dollars was made to Hero. Keep in mind this is during the same time frame the operation was expanding with a new facility and more staff. 

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 12/7/2023 at 9:10 AM, Sauce Dog said:

One other update: We can now 100% confirm that Hero Restoration was taking NEW restoration projects after they closed the submissions back in July (and not small jobs, we are talking about more AF15s)

Oh jeez!  :eek: 

On 12/7/2023 at 4:27 PM, joeypost said:

Same here. 

IMG_6504.thumb.png.0be6389f011cab920c4359973110fa91.png

While the website is still up, the actual domain is https://herorestorationcomics.com , what you are looking at is the old .net domain which I have control over (it's supposed to redirect to the .com, correcting link paths as well as helping with SEO...but the redirects on it have failed as the site needs maintenance, however I won't make any changes unless Mike emails me about it)

On 12/7/2023 at 2:29 PM, joeypost said:

Not sure if everyone saw this before or has already been posted. Scrolled to the bottom of his home page. 

IMG_6505.thumb.png.387fcfe849136c763d9dfc18b7917472.png

"If you are being ignored, it's is due to your lack of understanding"

That should be nominated for a customer service of the year award or at least a custom title