• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,343 posts in this topic

Regarding this con-artist selling books, has anyone been combing through the auctions to see if any of their books with distinctive characteristics (date stamp etc...) have turned up. I would assume he is selling them at a good discount to fmv and some would have popped up for resale by someone trying to flip for a quick buck. 

On 12/17/2023 at 10:25 AM, mephistopheles said:

Regarding this con-artist selling books, has anyone been combing through the auctions to see if any of their books with distinctive characteristics (date stamp etc...) have turned up. I would assume he is selling them at a good discount to fmv and some would have popped up for resale by someone trying to flip for a quick buck. 

If he is selling them,  I worry he's been at this long enough to know how to cover his tracks. Sell common books raw without distinct features to identify them. 

The Flash 1 he's had for 10 years will get attention. But other books like ASM129 and Hulk181 can probably slip through detection. 

On 12/16/2023 at 11:17 AM, Cat said:

"Anything else you'd like to say?" 

"I have nothing but contempt for this court." 

"That's the 15th time you've said that." 

More likely he was ordered to follow a court order, make payments like alimony or attend classes or submit documents, and he repeatedly failed to do so.  It suggests that his latest brush with the law may not have been his first.  Or perhaps the judge gave him books to restore and he failed to do so.

On 12/18/2023 at 11:06 PM, thehumantorch said:

More likely he was ordered to follow a court order, make payments like alimony or attend classes or submit documents, and he repeatedly failed to do so.  It suggests that his latest brush with the law may not have been his first.  Or perhaps the judge gave him books to restore and he failed to do so.

Wait wait wait,  your accusing him of having commitments and responsibilities and failing to follow through?? 

Based on everything I've read,  that seems very out of character! 

It was obviously due to the judge's lack of understanding! 

On 12/19/2023 at 7:29 AM, shadroch said:

I'll remind people that Gollum was once a valued member of his community.  

As there appear to be expensive books in his possession for ten years, that he was soliciting work until recently, and his criminal record, how much more rope do we need to give him?

I will never understand the 10 year thing. It’s not like he was growing and raising a new Flash like it was a Baby Groot.