• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,346 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2024 at 1:43 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Interesting that the Amazing Fantasy #15 he sold has just "AF 15" as the title. Almost like it was pre-arranged where someone would look for that exact listing and it wasn't active for long.

Yeah.....and did you go to the auction and check out the description for it?

Here it is in its entirety:

"AF 15. Condition is Acceptable. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail Express."

Who in the hell legitimately sells an Amazing Fantasy #15 in that manner?

Link to sold book

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 1/16/2024 at 5:30 PM, Buzzetta said:

umm-wait.gif

Tell me what you're saying without telling me what you're saying.

I turned things around 180 degrees. We'll see if he eventually can.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

On 1/16/2024 at 5:40 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah.....and did you go to the auction and check out the description for it?

Here it is in its entirety:

"AF 15. Condition is Acceptable. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail Express."

Who in the hell legitimately sells an Amazing Fantasy #15 in that manner?

I didn't click on it, no. Definitely a situation where he pointed someone to it.

On 1/16/2024 at 3:40 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I believe the intermingling part at this point, since everything has become so disorganized that books have been separated from their info (I have sent him the customer information for that Tales of Suspense which he lost, so now he has the info to return that order), but who knows...it's too much me to verify at this point with my limited connection to all this.

I told him NOT to post here again until he had returned a good deal of customer orders so he could show actual action was taken - not empty promises. Everything on my end talking with him and seeing the tracking numbers, confirming delivery with other board members has actually happened and shown him to be actually trying to make things right. So from my side/perspective things were looking positive)

As for the master list....I have access to a backup of the submission system before 2021, so at least for the very oldest of submissions I know I can help. For everything else newer, that was stored online via the system http://jotform.com but it sounds like he does not have access to it any longer (maybe unpaid account fees?) but it looks like the database is still hosted there, so it might be possible to get access to it again in the future.

Any master list (and pics) should be published here so the collectors and dealers can identify and handle the books accordingly. 

-bc

On 1/16/2024 at 2:57 PM, Nick Furious said:

My gut is that he's buying time hoping to get Ebay payouts before they freeze everything from people reporting that he's selling their stolen books.  

This.