• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
29 29

1,988 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2024 at 6:38 PM, Detective781 said:

Mike is still in custody.  You can check our jail roster here https://www.linnsheriff.org/jail/adults-in-custody/

Really glad about this. I’ve talked with more than one person that was worried he’d get out and flee again or worse. When is the True Crime take on this being released?! :)  

On 9/20/2024 at 1:00 AM, shadroch said:

You can contribute to his commissary fund if anyone cares to do so. 

Think they'll accept an NFL Superpro? 

On 9/19/2024 at 9:05 AM, shadroch said:

I have a friend who sends an inmate a dollar a month, so the guy knows he is thinking about him and looking forward to the man's eventual release. 

thats either very nice or very ominous.  I like it either way.

On 9/19/2024 at 11:00 AM, shadroch said:

You can contribute to his commissary fund if anyone cares to do so. 

Other things I’d consider donating. Tabacco-less cigarettes (tobacco was used as donor for restoring other cigarettes) Rusty staples (circa 1962 from Marvel books in case you know, you have any AF15’s lying around like most of us do). Rice paper and glue for the inevitable prison break mask. 

On 9/23/2024 at 2:19 PM, Detective781 said:

Update,

Last Wednesday was the third and final day of Grand Jury testimony, which we received seventeen indictments from (all felonies).  The reason this happened is because Mike has the right to a speedy trial, meaning the trial has to occur within 60 days of his arrest.  Mike had not waved his right to a speedy trial, and the trial was scheduled to begin on September 30th.  I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding is that getting the indictments is a work around to the speedy trial requirement.  Mike has now waved his right to a speedy trial, and he has requested a settlement conference where he, his attorney, the Deputy District Attorney, and a judge will discuss settling the cases without a trial.  This has slowed things down, which is a much needed break for me.  I also have other unrelated cases that need my attention.   

I do not know what the plea the Deputy District Attorney is going to offer.  We have reached a point where additional charges is just not necessary right now, but we have several more cases ready to go if needed.  

I will post another update when I have more information.                 

Thank you very much for all your hard work in this case. 

I don't know how easy or hard it is to investigate or if it matters, but the odds seem high that defendant did not do his taxes properly either, from both a federal and state perspective.

On 9/23/2024 at 11:19 AM, Detective781 said:

Update,

Last Wednesday was the third and final day of Grand Jury testimony, which we received seventeen indictments from (all felonies).  The reason this happened is because Mike has the right to a speedy trial, meaning the trial has to occur within 60 days of his arrest.  Mike had not waved his right to a speedy trial, and the trial was scheduled to begin on September 30th.  I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding is that getting the indictments is a work around to the speedy trial requirement.  Mike has now waved his right to a speedy trial, and he has requested a settlement conference where he, his attorney, the Deputy District Attorney, and a judge will discuss settling the cases without a trial.  This has slowed things down, which is a much needed break for me.  I also have other unrelated cases that need my attention.   

I do not know what the plea the Deputy District Attorney is going to offer.  We have reached a point where additional charges is just not necessary right now, but we have several more cases ready to go if needed.  

On 9/23/2024 at 2:19 PM, Detective781 said:

Update,

I'd be really surprised if he does any real jail time considering is this taking place in Oregon 

On 9/23/2024 at 11:05 PM, wombat said:

Is it worth it for victims to reach out to the District Attorney? Put pressure on to not give him a slap on the wrist. 

If they wanted to annoy the urine out of the DA, sure.  The much better option is to work through the detective to submit a victim impact statement.

On 9/24/2024 at 12:05 AM, wombat said:

Is it worth it for victims to reach out to the District Attorney? Put pressure on to not give him a slap on the wrist. 

Jail time is usually the last resort if correcting the behavior fails. He'll end up with a few years of probation is my guess, maybe 6 months jail time included. Don't see it happening 

On 10/4/2024 at 12:50 AM, Kevin76 said:

Jail time is usually the last resort if correcting the behavior fails. He'll end up with a few years of probation is my guess, maybe 6 months jail time included. Don't see it happening 

My son took a PlayStation when he was 17 and got 9 years with 7.5 suspended. We watched people receive less than that for home invasions, aggravated assaults, and manslaughter as time marched on. When we see someone pull a heinous crime and get a light sentence, we have this inside joke "It's not like they stole a PlayStation or something. All they did was Kill someone". That may very well end up being the case here. Sad but true. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/4/2024 at 9:26 PM, jimjum12 said:

My son took a PlayStation when he was 17 and got 9 years with 7.5 suspended. We watched people receive less than that for home invasions, aggravated assaults, and manslaughter as time marched on. When we see someone pull a heinous crime and get a light sentence, we have this inside joke "It's not like they stole a PlayStation or something. All they did was Kill someone". That may very well end up being the case here. Sad but true. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

We need an anger emoji here.