• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 Official Holiday Raffle Thread
8 8

1,174 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2023 at 8:25 PM, Kramerica said:

I want to be open to everyone but 2 slabs to Canada? What does that run these days post-pandemic?

Last year i sent to US 1 slab,few magazine +dvd s +well i cant remember everything. but cost me about 35$ cad to ship US.was a good size box.

@toro @spidermanbeyond @fastballspecial @frozentundraguy @JazzMan

The following people have expressed interest!!

Whether knowingly or unknowingly haven't had time nor put a prize in the raffle, they mentioned interest to do so though.

With a week or less to the deadline here are the tags for last few days to sign up. 

Hope you don't mind 🙏

Please double check the first page second post to see if you're on there...

It has been updated recently with a week to go, and didn't see your names after expressing interest. If you pass this year no harm no foul. Just trying to help.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/17/2023 at 9:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The following people have expressed interest!!

Whether knowingly or unknowingly haven't had time nor out in the prize they mentioned to do.

With a week or less to the deadline here are the tags for last few days to sign up. 

Hope you don't mind 🙏 @The Sledder

@toro @spidermanbeyond @fastballspecial @frozentundraguy @JazzMan @KirbyJack

Double check if your in please 🥺

@KirbyJack already submited a half mystery box,wanna squeeze another outta him? lol !well cant blame you his prize looks awesome  lol

On 12/17/2023 at 8:16 PM, Namtak said:

@KirbyJack already submited a half mystery box,wanna squeeze another outta him? lol !well cant blame you his prize looks awesome  lol

I retyped it to exclude his name, but the boards took the previous version, the rest are true. I blame the boards. :sorry:

On 12/17/2023 at 9:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I retyped it to exclude his name, but the boards took the previous version, the rest are true. I blame the boards. :sorry:

I Found it funny,dont take it personally. 

You help out make it run smoother here,i apreciate it and im pretty sure the others thank you too(thumbsu

On 12/17/2023 at 8:16 PM, Namtak said:

There's no mystery to that box!

But if called upon, I could slap a real mystery box together.

On 11/20/2023 at 9:44 PM, The Sledder said:

Welcome... to the Official 2023 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Raffle :yeehaw:

Cut-off for prize donations is Thursday, December 21st at 12:00pm (Noon) EST
a link to the ranking form of finalized prizes will be available shortly after donation cut-off

RAFFLE WILL BEGIN on Saturday, December 30th at 12:00pm (Noon) EST
the video of drawing and name order, will be posted the Saturday before the Raffle (Christmas Eve)

You don't have to be virtually present at the live raffle to claim your prize.  You just have to make sure you fill out the preference form that will go out once the submission cutoff has passed.  (thumbsu 

@The Sledder a couple of questions ??? :

1) Usually, the raffle starts day after Christmas, but is now that following Saturday?

2) The Video for ranking will be posted a week before, on Saturday, which you call Christmas Eve? 

Christmas Eve is this Sunday afaik, so just some clarification? :cheers: when you have time, I guess I can wait to see how it plays out lol:whee: 

On 12/19/2023 at 2:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@The Sledder a couple of questions ??? :

1) Usually, the raffle starts day after Christmas, but is now that following Saturday?

2) The Video for ranking will be posted a week before, on Saturday, which you call Christmas Eve? 

Christmas Eve is this Sunday afaik, so just some clarification? :cheers: when you have time, I guess I can wait to see how it plays out lol:whee: 

Questioning me?  Calling me out in public?  You'd better believe the elves are gonna hear about this.  :devil:

1) The raffle tends to happen the first free day I have that is likely to have good participation.  When I took over the raffle, I tried to aim for the first Saturday after Christmas.  That was complicated when Christmas was on a Sunday last year, but I happened to be off the following Monday, so it worked reasonably well I think.  This year, I won't be available to run this thread until the following Saturday.  It generally takes a solid 4-hour block (or longer) of focused attention to keep things moving.  If someone wants to step up and run the live raffle thread this year (:baiting:), I could be persuaded to change the date to whatever works best for them. 

2) Perhaps you're mistaken.  If you go back and read the first post, you'll find I made no such error.  I'll be awaiting my apology. 

Spoiler

:jokealert:

In case it's not clear, I'm not at all upset.  Just playin' around.