• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird R.I.P.
13 13

138 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2023 at 2:20 PM, RCheli said:

It's with my deepest sadness that I have to share that "bird" -- Sean Wasielewski -- passed away suddenly on Wednesday. He was a man with many opinions, and he and I had some great discussions about comics and life over the years both here and -- even better -- face-to-face. 

I spoke with his wife earlier today and she let me know that a service will take place soon, although they don't have the details yet. I suspect it will be near the shore in Jersey where he lived, and I'll post that information here when I get it. Along with his wife, he had two lovely daughters.

Very sorry to hear this, condolences to the family...let me know if we can help. 

Shame to see Bird pass as I bought from him once or twice when I was an active member. Also he seemed to be really active in the community so it'll suck not seeing that Zappa avatar anymore. Really sucks to first see djpinkpanther go and now him. Major RIP to Sean/Bird/fedres

I'm very sorry to hear this.  Sean was a favorite of mine: a top notch seller with the coolest avatar on the boards.  I'll miss him and his posts.  The many awesome books I bought from Sean in the last few years just got a little more special.  My condolences to his family and those here who knew him better than I did.  :(

I’m so sad to hear this. Another great boardie lost, but I must say his spirit will live on. God bless. 

I was just reading about how the forum has changed throughout the years. It’s boardies like Bird and others that we have recently lost that have always kept me coming back! As others have said, he was always pleasant and witty, even within heated topics. Prayers and condolences to his family.