• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a bit of help…
4 4

35 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2023 at 4:03 PM, BlackOut21 said:

Thank you Everyone!

I’m going to pass on selling this one on eBay, just not worth the risk for me. The listing is set for immediate payment, I just still have a bad feeling about it. Buyer doesn’t have feedback and has not left any for anyone. I’ll just leave it alone and see what happens over the next month or two. 

I cannot list it here as it’s a cbcs book. It’s a beauty though. 

This community is the best !!!

Let's just hope that that buyer doesn't simply buy out your comic at its asking price now xD 

But just to be safe, you should block them on eBay.

Edited by stormflora

Glad to hear you’re passing.  I do feel sympathy for the zero feedback ebay buyer - EVERYONE was at zero at one point, but as many have mentioned, a $4k book is NOT the way to come out of the gate.

Totally understand that you can’t sell it here, but with a book like that, I would probably try to sell it through my “network” were I in your situation - i.e., reach out to people I’ve bought from/sold to before and that I trust and see if any of them have interest, and/or know of any interested parties whom THEY trust… might lead to something quick and relatively secure.

On 11/27/2023 at 10:44 PM, fmaz said:

Glad to hear you’re passing.  I do feel sympathy for the zero feedback ebay buyer - EVERYONE was at zero at one point, but as many have mentioned, a $4k book is NOT the way to come out of the gate.

Totally understand that you can’t sell it here, but with a book like that, I would probably try to sell it through my “network” were I in your situation - i.e., reach out to people I’ve bought from/sold to before and that I trust and see if any of them have interest, and/or know of any interested parties whom THEY trust… might lead to something quick and relatively secure.

Have they changed the rules in the Sales Forum?

I've sold other books here. I gave full disclosure that they were graded by another company and did not post pics of the label.

(shrug)

On 11/27/2023 at 9:00 PM, Dr. Balls said:

There is no way I would release that book to a zero feedback buyer. You can probably smell the "All I got was an empty box" email a mile away.

Or a nice juicy burger....:takeit:

On 11/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, BlackOut21 said:

Thank you Everyone!

I’m going to pass on selling this one on eBay, just not worth the risk for me. The listing is set for immediate payment, I just still have a bad feeling about it. Buyer doesn’t have feedback and has not left any for anyone. I’ll just leave it alone and see what happens over the next month or two. 

I cannot list it here as it’s a cbcs book. It’s a beauty though. 

This community is the best !!!

Well that makes my previous statement irrelevant then, since it's a Voldy product.  Start off with THAT next time. 🤣🤣

Good choice not to use feebay, btw. (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

On 11/27/2023 at 3:32 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Have they changed the rules in the Sales Forum?

I've sold other books here. I gave full disclosure that they were graded by another company and did not post pics of the label.

(shrug)

No, its always been cgc certified or raw. It's the first rule of the sales forum.  

Do you mean it was a cracked out that is to say former Voldy disclosed as such for informational purposes? Or still slabbed up like the OP's?

Edited by Dr. Love

On 11/27/2023 at 3:54 PM, stormflora said:

This is definitely a possibility. Chargebacks are still possible for American credit cards (for whatever the hell reason, while that practice is not permitted in Canada), which means the seller could have their comic effectively stolen.

This is the first I'm hearing that Canada does not allow credit card chargebacks, every resource I found online says otherwise. It's just not allowed for fraudulent reasons (same as America as far as I know)

https://nomoredebts.org/blog/credit-cards/how-to-dispute-credit-card-charge-get-chargeback#:~:text=Yes%2C but only for certain,getting double-charged by mistake.

https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/credit-card-chargeback-canada

Why would you want the concept of a chargeback to not exist at all? What if you pay with a credit card through a direct processer and not through a platform that offered buyer protection (like Paypal or Ebay). The buyer could have their money literally stolen. It defeats one of the biggest benefits of using a credit card

Edited by JC25427N

On 11/28/2023 at 12:39 AM, Dr. Love said:

No, its always been cgc certified or raw. It's the first rule of the sales forum.  

If you gave full disclosure why not post the label?

It was a few years ago now, but IIRC I stated it was a book graded by another company. I stated the grade but obviously did not post the label because that is not allowed anywhere. I didn't specifically mention which company graded it either, and there were no problems. It sold pretty quickly. I've just been searching for it but it must have been circa 2014-2018. Couldn't find it.

On 11/27/2023 at 7:43 PM, JC25427N said:

This is the first I'm hearing that Canada does not allow credit card chargebacks, every resource I found online says otherwise. It's just not allowed for fraudulent reasons (same as America as far as I know)

https://nomoredebts.org/blog/credit-cards/how-to-dispute-credit-card-charge-get-chargeback#:~:text=Yes%2C but only for certain,getting double-charged by mistake.

https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/credit-card-chargeback-canada

Why would you want the concept of a chargeback to not exist at all? What if you pay with a credit card through a direct processer and not through a platform that offered buyer protection (like Paypal or Ebay). The buyer could have their money literally stolen. It defeats one of the biggest benefits of using a credit card

Our chargebacks do not work the same way as they do in the US. You can't just say "Oh, I never made this purchase, reverse it.", and it'll happen instantly without any questions asked.

The credit agency in question will either do one of two things: 1) Mark the card lost/stolen or 2) Dispute the transaction.

In the former case, that's more serious, as it involves filing for fraud, and you go through an entire process having the entire card replaced and resent through the mail, etc. The agency will reverse the transactions, but you get internally flagged as they monitor for any additional misuse. They start up an investigation if the amount refuted is large. Should really only be used as a last resort.

In the latter case, you don't actually get your money back. They open up a case just like PayPal would open up a dispute, and you have to wait for things to settle. It may or may not be ruled in your favour, or may involve additional steps like getting into contact with the retailer and a bunch of other jazz that leads to a bunch of back-and-forth, the same kind of situation you'd be in from directly requesting a refund from the retailer.

Edited by stormflora

On 11/27/2023 at 9:40 PM, stormflora said:

Our chargebacks do not work the same way as they do in the US. You can't just say "Oh, I never made this purchase, reverse it.", and it'll happen instantly without any questions asked.

The credit agency in question will either do one of two things: 1) Mark the card lost/stolen or 2) Dispute the transaction.

In the former case, that's more serious, as it involves filing for fraud, and you go through an entire process having the entire card replaced and resent through the mail, etc. The agency will reverse the transactions, but you get internally flagged as they monitor for any additional misuse. They start up an investigation if the amount refuted is large. Should really only be used as a last resort.

In the latter case, you don't actually get your money back. They open up a case just like PayPal would open up a dispute, and you have to wait for things to settle. It may or may not be ruled in your favour, or may involve additional steps like getting into contact with the retailer and a bunch of other jazz that leads to a bunch of back-and-forth, the same kind of situation you'd be in from directly requesting a refund from the retailer.

That's basically the way it is in the USA if stated that "it wasn't you."

I think you're confusing that with a forced return that eBay or similarly PayPal has in the agreement. It still has checks and balances though and terms of service with back and forth have to happen.

Now do our cc or PayPal mostly side with the buyer? Yes, but mostly because their the customer 'who is always right." In terms of eBay I've had a slab show up in the postal delivered with the box barely dented but the slab inside covered it bubble wrap, not chipped but broke in half like someone slammed it like a board over their knee. Where the top half and bottom slide right off the inner well and the comic is no longer the grade on the label.

I had to force a return as not as described and eBay sided with me, however I learned later that when I returned it, "the seller opened a case that it was returned not as described! As well, and eBay refunded the buyer too cause the slab and book were trashed. I assume the seller got to keep the book.

There is still back and forth, and eBay should have made the seller claim insurance through the postal side, as there is still a thing if mail fraud that is a criminal offense. Whether the seller sent it to me like that idk, but that's what happened and their listing I don't remember whether it offered returns but I think it did.

On 11/27/2023 at 10:40 PM, stormflora said:

Ah, I slightly misunderstood what you meant then, my bad. But even then what you described is how chargebacks in America work as well. I'll admit I don't have much experience filing chargebacks (probably a good thing), but the one time I did for items that I bought but never received, when I filed the chargeback I was given a temporary credit on my account that freed up the amount I was charging back and then a case was opened and I had to wait about 2 weeks or so for my bank to do their investigation and then I was given a notice saying they ruled in my favor and that the credit would become permanent. 

Edited by JC25427N

On 11/27/2023 at 11:01 PM, JC25427N said:

Ah, I slightly misunderstood what you meant then, my bad. But even then what you described is how chargebacks in America work as well. I'll admit I don't have much experience filing chargebacks (probably a good thing), but the one time I did for items that I bought but never received, when I filed the chargeback I was given a temporary credit on my account that freed up the amount I was charging back and then a case was opened and I had to wait about 2 weeks or so for my bank to do their investigation and then I was given a notice saying they ruled in my favor and that the credit would become permanent. 

Certainly sounds similar. Although, in our case, we do not get the money back immediately as a temporary credit. They go through with the investigation first.

The only way for an immediate reimbursement is to file for a lost/stolen card and claim that the transaction(s) was/were fraudulent.