• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 423 is this a 2nd or 3rd print? It is labeled as a first.
1 1

20 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2023 at 4:35 AM, dartelum said:

Help me out here is this a first print?

It sure doesn't seem to be is it?

https://reececomics.com/product/batman-423-cgc-94-owwh-pages

Hello pal, im a actually owner of a first and third print, so to recognize a first print its easy, the upc box show a batman head at the difference of the second and third print who show the sentence DC arent just for kids, ufortunately they are no way to recognize a third of a second,  except into the book

My books are raw but if i choosed to get a slab i would have prefered to get a first print around a 8.5 or 9 than a second or third on 9.4 or more.

By my recent looking on ebay the difference of value between the printing start to dig. 

Edited by BA773

On 12/2/2023 at 4:22 PM, dartelum said:

Ok thanks it isn't a first print CGC clearly made a mistake here, and the seller is trying to cash in.

I dont understand the mistake because the print have not especially to be specified or im wrong?

On 12/3/2023 at 9:25 PM, BA773 said:

I dont understand the mistake because the print have not especially to be specified or im wrong?

Ok i looked, i was wrong... damn cgc what are you doing guys !!! :roflmao:

On 12/3/2023 at 2:16 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Or, the seller is unaware of the mistake. 

Austin Reece is aware since yesterday.  I explained it in email, and linked an article explaining it.  He was cool about it, said thanks and that he'd look into it Monday.  He assumed CGC would be accurate.  🤷

Hopefully no one buys it before he bothers to remove it.

I told him he should send it to CGC and have them fix it.  That they would do it for free.

If nothing comes of it then we have a better idea about Reece's Comics.

On 12/4/2023 at 2:41 AM, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Hey all,

As Beyonder mentioned, we were unaware until one of you let us know yesterday. I was out with my wife, so couldn’t look into the article they linked until today, but I have since confirmed CGC made a mistake and have removed it from the site and eBay so we can get it sent down to CGC and reholdered with the proper print designation.

Appreciate @Sigur Ros for letting me know. I don’t check the boards much anymore, so if anyone has any questions or issues in the future please feel free to email me directly at: austin@reececomics.com

hope you all have a nice rest of your weekend.

-Austin 

Unfortunately the price was based on a first print, how are you handling the situation?

On 12/4/2023 at 3:17 AM, BA773 said:

Unfortunately the price was based on a first print, how are you handling the situation?

He literally just said he removed it from the site and will get the label corrected.

He's handling it exactly the right way.

On 12/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, Sigur Ros said:

He literally just said he removed it from the site and will get the label corrected.

He's handling it exactly the right way.

You do not understand...

On 12/4/2023 at 2:29 PM, AustinReece_GRRC said:

It will be relisted and repriced once we receive it back with the proper print designation. 

I vote for a new slab label, "red label" : cgc corrected error