• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

My SO lives in Forest Hills, I live a 15 min drive over in Flushing. Great part of New York nothing bad to say about it. Don't assume things just because the scammer is from the neighborhood. NYC is a HUGE place, you simply cannot compare or know unless you have lived here X number of years yourself. 

On 12/29/2023 at 9:16 PM, wiparker824 said:

Slabs aren’t going anywhere. Worst case for CGC is they cede some of the market share to the other company that doesn’t currently have people popping their cases with a Walmart heat gun on YT, but that’s about it. The demand for the service CGC and other slabbing companies provide hasn’t changed overnight. It’s still there, and the demand will be filled by some company one way or another. Being someone that has a lot of CGC slabs I personally hope they figure it out but if not, life goes on. Some other company will fill that void.

Don't want to talk about the other company but that same chemist has posted more than one video on opening holders.. 

On 12/29/2023 at 9:20 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

All CGC has to do make sure a couple important steps in the reholdering/new label process actually happen and not overlooked. 

I'm not sure you're understanding the issue still.  No reholder is necessary.  CGC never needs to touch the book for the scam to work.

As far as Ewert goes, I followed it very closely at the time.  If you have more unscrupulous information to share, then share it.

On 12/29/2023 at 6:33 PM, EastEnd1 said:

I'm not sure you're understanding the issue still.  No reholder is necessary.  CGC never needs to touch the book for the scam to work.

As far as Ewert goes, I followed it very closely at the time.  If you have more unscrupulous information to share, then share it.

I know as I shared my own scam story if you read it with the ASM 129 CGC 9.4 that was really a 9.0 a couple posts up.

Like I said before switching out old labels was 1000000000000000000 times easier before this new holder.  You didnt even need a tool. 

Scary how easy it was.

I cant discuss 20 years of what dealers talk about on a single post especially when I waiting for doordash lol   I am starving.

I am not defending CGC but obviously they like making money so they will do something about this so you and others dont lose confidence in them.  A month from now you will feel better, I can assure you.

Peace out, and stop worrying hobby is fine. Don't let a bad apple ruin your enjoyment.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 12/29/2023 at 9:44 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I know as I shared my own scam story if you read it with the ASM 129 CGC 9.4 that was really a 9.0 a couple posts up.

Like I said before switching out old labels was 1000000000000000000 times easier before this new holder.  You didnt even need a tool. 

Scary how easy it was.

I cant discuss 20 years of what dealers talk about on a single post especially when I waiting for doordash lol   I am starving.

Peace out, and stop worrying hobby is fine. Don't let a bad apple ruin your enjoyment.

Enjoy your dinner :D

On 12/29/2023 at 4:08 PM, comeaux said:

I questioned if the scammer was using mechanical damage submissions on any of his scams.

Mechanical Error, yes.  Using the 9.4 MJI book as the donor for a NON- MJI 9.8 label.  Submitting as if CGC made a mistake identifying the variant status.  NO DAMAGE TO CASE.

On 12/30/2023 at 12:07 PM, WestcoastDAVEngers said:

Mikey you forgot "and the work of his trusted podcast partner..." 

Hey ya'll we're going live again tonight, just to chat with the community and friends, if you want to join, 6:30 pm PT

"I like graded comic books, but they need to be what they're supposed to be".  

Everyone watch this episode, these guys nail this subject, top to bottom.    The hobby is bigger than CGC, and it's a heck of a lot bigger than the CGC detractors, and this podcast covers all of concerns, and interest in the hobby. and looking forward with CGC taking the appropriate steps needed.

(thumbsu @WestcoastDAVEngers

On 12/29/2023 at 7:08 PM, NewWorldOrder said:
On 12/29/2023 at 7:06 PM, Heronext said:

YouTubers vs Boardies

Parking lot

Midnight tonight 

My money is on the boardies

So is it still Phil's or is the new concensus Merced?  Lose track of these things over the years.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:24 PM, Pcaedus said:

My SO lives in Forest Hills, I live a 15 min drive over in Flushing. Great part of New York nothing bad to say about it. Don't assume things just because the scammer is from the neighborhood. NYC is a HUGE place, you simply cannot compare or know unless you have lived here X number of years yourself. 

+1

Every neighborhood in New York City is home to both higher income and lower income people 

Edited by Heronext

On 12/29/2023 at 1:02 PM, Mdesimone said:

I now have a name that I paid for the asm 129  and the name used on the shipping label , when googled the name comes back to all the states, it also seems like he’s using this female name and account to hide, this person is using family to do his work, and it seems a few women with the same last name all live in Kew gardens

B. R.? The ExpressJet flight attendant from Metropolitan ave in Queens? As we've discussed in the thread before, about this person specifically, it could very well be an assumed identity, a girlfriend's account, etc. All the more reason to call the FBI/BCI and not CGC first.