• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2024 at 7:12 PM, Bo1983 said:

181 has poped up in this thread A lot and it’s a fact 181 is slabed more only because Wolverine is on the cover and I like both books but 180 is first Appearance not a cameo!

Yeah, just double up on trying to dredge up that beat-to-death topic, completely unrelated to the OP. I hope you are unable to suck anyone in, but I don't hold out much hope for that. At least it took 243 pages to emerge.

Edited by Lightning55

On 1/1/2024 at 7:31 PM, Lightning55 said:

Yeah, just double up on trying to dredge up that beat-to-death topic, completely unrelated to the OP. I hope you are unable to suck anyone in, but I don't hold out much hope for that. At least it took 243 pages to emerge.

It’s at the end who cares!

On 1/1/2024 at 7:45 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

:deadhorse:

I’m going to flip thru my Hulk 180 to see the first appearance of the Weapon X name and Wolverine 😀

Edited by Bo1983

On 1/1/2024 at 6:34 PM, Bo1983 said:

Hulk 180 is Wolverine’s first appearance anyway and if he was on the cover with only one panel in the book nobody would be talking about 181!

I'll take first cover appearance over first appearance 9 out of 10 times anyway.:banana:

On 1/1/2024 at 8:12 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

IMG_9635.jpeg

Now glue to the inside of Hulk 181 then you will have  true first appearance!

Edited by Bo1983

On 1/1/2024 at 2:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Does no one take issue with the video that he ruined a hulk 181 book? Or was that a reprint lol

I was looking for a $3.99 cover price or a facsimile barcode on the side and saw neither. I retract my previous statement about how CGC slabs are easy to open and I'm sorry for any insults I hurled at other people here for failing to see the bigger picture. Although, it may be possible that they can be opened without any flaws, using this youtube clown's videos as the crux of my arguments has already backfired. 

Also, they don't call me Foot in the Mouth Flanders for nothing :). 

Edited by Flanders82

On 1/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, Flanders82 said:

I was looking for a $3.99 cover price or a facsimile barcode on the side and saw neither. I retract my previous statement about how CGC slabs are easy to open and I'm sorry for any insults I hurled at other people here for failing to see the bigger picture. Although, it may be possible that they can be opened without any flaws, using this youtube clown's videos as the crux of my arguments has already backfired. 

Also, they don't call me Foot in the Mouth Flanders for nothing :). 

image.png.39657a09b46c13399381f25e5e5ec618.png

On 1/1/2024 at 8:10 PM, grendel013 said:

I'll take first cover appearance over first appearance 9 out of 10 times anyway.:banana:

So you not a fan of Spidey 300 as a venom first appearance key? 

To be frank, I find 299 to be more important/key than 300. If both won't have venom on the cover, might as well own his first full appearance with 299.

image.thumb.png.7fae9587bbefd5117908db8b80f4f385.png

On 12/31/2023 at 9:59 PM, Steven Valdez said:

To be fair, random YouTubers who talk about comic books are the prophets and soothsayers of the modern age.

Fortunately I have zero interest in modern age comics or the youtubers/influencers who pitch them.  Perhaps it's my age but I avoid penny stocks and modern variants

On 1/1/2024 at 5:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Secondly, when this guy scammer sent to CGC if the guy had glue? Cgc has to fully separate to reholders, and he doesn't say that they then can't see the glue. It might fool buyers, but says it is a "subtle difference and 'is noticable'...

Not a complete confirmation for me 😕 and yet it may feed the narrative 

I don't think it ever had to be picture perfect. It just had to be good enough to get by cgc for reholdered.
Since things have come to light, we will look closer, and question any little crack.

But two weeks ago, most people would not have looked twice. The swap in his second video would have fooled a lot of people.

I've been wondering if they ever swapped a book and sold it, without sending to to cgc for reholdering?

On 1/1/2024 at 5:47 PM, wombat said:

If what comes out of this is reholders continue without automatic regrade who would really be confident in CGC implementing a process change that would actually work? The same people who just can't figure out how to prevent books from going in slabs upside down and mixing up the wrong books in the wrong slabs. 

At least we almost have a way to fix these issues at home without being detected.  :baiting: