• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,029 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2024 at 9:09 AM, mrd160 said:

When I share that picture with a dealer I know, he said it doesn’t mean anything he could just be using it to remove stickers. My response was I believe the gun goes to 1000° what the F are you talking about

Or the guy is just trolling us at this point.  Knows you can use the heat gun to open slabs.  Knows the controversy.  Has been reading everything said here.  Knows they are under suspicion. So just said screw it, posts this picture to toy with everyone. 

Or is so confident that CGC will either not be able to prove it, or does not think they really mean to pursue it.

On 1/12/2024 at 3:53 AM, drotto said:

Or the guy is just trolling us at this point.  Knows you can use the heat gun to open slabs.  Knows the controversy.  Has been reading everything said here.  Knows they are under suspicion. So just said screw it, posts this picture to toy with everyone. 

Or is so confident that CGC will either not be able to prove it, or does not think they really mean to pursue it.

Or to misdirect us. 

On 1/11/2024 at 12:53 PM, drotto said:

That would be foolish.  His name WILL be getting outed at some point.  As will the names of any co-conspirators.  And prosecution is a very real possibility.  Trolling would be a very dumb move... though criminals tend to not be the brightest people to begin with which is a contributing factor as to why they become criminals in the first place.  Even "smart" criminals that had escaped capture like the Unabomber and Dennis Rader (the "BTK" killer) certainly couldn't help their conceipt that they they were too clever to be caught and kept "trolling" (in Rader's case, 13 years after getting away with his murders!), ultimately leading to their arrests.

Edited by EastEnd1

That picture on his Instagram account with the heat gun was posted on April 5th, 2020.

Kinda like the Dum Dum lolipops on the comic con table after acetate-gate?

On 1/11/2024 at 1:04 PM, wiparker824 said:

6/6/18 to be exact.

Why am I seeing the heat gun post as April of 2020?  I am not challenging you.  It is important to make sure all dates are in alignment.  What am I doing wrong here?

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 1.30.58 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/11/2024 at 4:43 AM, wiparker824 said:

IMG_2348.thumb.jpeg.2f65738165be53c573d0417cafa2ff98.jpeg

another photo from that shop’s IG that should make the heat gun theorists go wild… note the heat gun casually sitting next to all of these mega SA keys in the background.  :tonofbricks:

So we're still withholding the name of this shop from those not-in-the-know?

On 1/11/2024 at 1:36 PM, Number 6 said:

So we're still withholding the name of this shop from those not-in-the-know?

Yes.  I was even asked not to take a walk over there to check out the store.  I took a couple of days off since I am sick and it's been raining so hard that animals started lining up along the East River in pairs waiting for an ark... so it was a no go anyway. 

On 1/11/2024 at 11:35 AM, Buzzetta said:

Why am I seeing the heat gun post as April of 2020?  I am not challenging you.  It is important to make sure all dates are in alignment.  What am I doing wrong here?

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 1.30.58 PM.png

IMG_2353.thumb.jpeg.3b3b03beae47e7c76c8bb1102ac0da8d.jpeg

they have a lot of social media accounts and they like reposting. The oldest one is from one of their IG accounts 6/6/18.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:45 PM, wiparker824 said:

IMG_2353.thumb.jpeg.3b3b03beae47e7c76c8bb1102ac0da8d.jpeg

they have a lot of social media accounts and they like reposting. The oldest one is from one of their IG accounts 6/6/18.

Love the handy trimming board also.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:13 AM, mrd160 said:

Immaculate comics just did a video today saying there is no other use for a heat gun on comics. Check it out 

In Immaculate Comics recent video, he shows several screen shots of a video by Keep It Thoro Comics.

There is no video visible on KITC YouTube page more recent than two months old, unless, I guess, you subscribe to his channel for 99 cents a month?  Is that a new paywall? The video posted here on 1/6 did not appear to be behind a paywall.  If some has access to the newer video could they paste it here (assuming pasting allows you to see videos behind a paywall?)

Also based on screenshots in those videos someone in this thread owes me a beer lol 

Edited by Heronext

On 1/11/2024 at 1:42 PM, mjoeyoung said:

Unfortunately this post has self-destructed.

Yes, I just figured out which store this is (my brain works more slowly these days) and this post was gone. Some others with the notorious white carpet are still there though.