• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2024 OA Collecting Goals?
1 1

52 posts in this topic

I have been training these past few months to keep myself from chasing OA outside of my focus. IE, buying newer work after 2000 and older work prior to 1990. I've been pretty successful at it, as even with some pieces I really wanted to chase or pull the pin on, I forced myself to think it over - and my collecting goals came back into focus. Even though this was happening in 2023, I plan on having myself so disciplined in 2024, I won't even click on new or old art.

Goals?

1. Early Razor published pinup or cover. I manage to unearth Hartsoe Razor pages, but I'd really like a significant Razor piece in 2024.

2. Fine-tuning my "Foreign Pulp Cover Art" collection and keeping a max limit of $350 per piece.

3. Find another Hari Kari cover, pinup or splash page. 

4. Figure out some way to justify paying for a Joe Mad 90's piece that fits my collection.

I am always on the hunt for Byrne and do eventually want to pick up a nice Jim Lee piece, so maybe that will happen this year :wishluck:

On 12/18/2023 at 8:17 AM, delekkerste said:

I have no particular OA collecting goals for next year, just to spend (a lot) less and be more discerning. Less buying for the sake of buying after a very active 2022 (101 pieces bought/2 sold) and 2023 (104 pieces bought/1 sold). 

That’s a whole lot of artwork!  Over 200 piece accumulated in just 2 years :ohnoez:

On 12/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, delekkerste said:

I have no particular OA collecting goals for next year, just to spend (a lot) less and be more discerning. Less buying for the sake of buying after a very active 2022 (101 pieces bought/2 sold) and 2023 (104 pieces bought/1 sold). 

Wow! I am quite surprised, those sound like your 2008 & 2009 numbers!   I didn't realize you'd fired the acquisition machine back up.

On 12/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, delekkerste said:

I feel the same way, bought more, sold none...2024 I believe I will sell some pages that I bought that I wasn't as discerning as I should have been, and buy pages that I feel offer some "pop" or epic value in nature (guess I will know it , if/when I see it)

On 12/18/2023 at 4:57 PM, Bronty said:

Wow! I am quite surprised, those sound like your 2008 & 2009 numbers!   I didn't realize you'd fired the acquisition machine back up.

My most active period of buying was actually 2011-15. I slowed down considerably in 2016-17 and then actually sold more than I bought between 2018 and 2021 due to a long-overdue curation of my collection, selling to help fund a real estate purchase, and building out numerous other collections (trading cards, record albums, RPGs, etc.)

By early 2022, I felt that I had pruned too much from my collection and so I've really been making up for it since then. But, I feel that I'm once again in a good place regarding my art collection and that it's time to slow my roll again in 2024.