• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KING CLUB
3 3

216 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2024 at 8:20 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's addition.

On another topic, can anybody verify that during the key 1966-1967 run, King only had 7 titles:  Flash Gordon, Mandrake, Phantom, Beetle Bailey, Blondie, Popeye, and the weird stray Jungle Jim 1-shot?

Phantom 18.jpg

I'm not sure I would say "only" those titles.  Those Reading Library books have other titles... if you're including them.  Quincy, Tiger, Tim Tyler....

Would you mind making hi-res scans of the FG story in your Phantom for me?  :angel:

On 2/4/2024 at 2:31 PM, Yorick said:

I'm not sure I would say "only" those titles.  Those Reading Library books have other titles... if you're including them.  Quincy, Tiger, Tim Tyler....

Would you mind making hi-res scans of the FG story in your Phantom for me?  :angel:

I thought those reading library titles were from the early 70's, not the classic 66-68 run.  But I could be wrong, I frequently am.

Check your PM's regarding the scans.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:20 AM, OtherEric said:

Today's addition.

On another topic, can anybody verify that during the key 1966-1967 run, King only had 7 titles:  Flash Gordon, Mandrake, Phantom, Beetle Bailey, Blondie, Popeye, and the weird stray Jungle Jim 1-shot?

That's my understanding. I see that I forgot to add Gentleman Jim and his solitary #5 to the thread title tag list. I spent so long trying to find a 12c priced copy of it, that I got sick of the cover. Must've blocked it out of my mind... 

On 2/5/2024 at 12:53 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's my understanding. I see that I forgot to add Gentleman Jim and his solitary #5 to the thread title tag list. I spent so long trying to find a 12c priced copy of it, that I got sick of the cover. Must've blocked it out of my mind... 

Did you ever find one?  I just assumed, as an ad-free book, they deliberately priced it at 15c across the board.

It's a weird issue on multiple levels, that's for sure.

On 2/4/2024 at 9:52 PM, OtherEric said:

I thought those reading library titles were from the early 70's, not the classic 66-68 run.  But I could be wrong, I frequently am.

Check your PM's regarding the scans.

Ahh.  Okay.  I just thought anything with that sweet King logo would be valid for the club.  Even that Hagar book! :bigsmile:

On 2/5/2024 at 10:39 AM, Yorick said:

Ahh.  Okay.  I just thought anything with that sweet King logo would be valid for the club.  Even that Hagar book! :bigsmile:

They’re absolutely valid for the club!  It just wasn’t the specific question I was wondering about.

On 2/5/2024 at 5:43 PM, OtherEric said:

Did you ever find one?  I just assumed, as an ad-free book, they deliberately priced it at 15c across the board.

It's a weird issue on multiple levels, that's for sure.

No, the Blondie #175 was the only 12c/15c variation I found (see spot the difference earlier in the thread). 

On 2/5/2024 at 12:53 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

:baiting:

IMG_20240205_113329403.jpg

On 2/5/2024 at 7:45 PM, Yorick said:

I also have the variant...

IMG_20240205_113329403VARIANT.thumb.jpg.71f5b97c7bd304ee0cc2ba095c9b9777.jpg

:devil:

You're single handedly buggering Google searches up for future inquisitive generations!

Who am I kidding. Who else would care :bigsmile:

On 2/5/2024 at 8:57 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I think I have more on my laptop. I'll check tonight. (thumbsu

Hark! The herald angels sing
Frisco has joined, the club of King!

11.KingClub-FriscoLarson.thumb.PNG.ad7df59785d9fb9768cad523b235cf48.PNG