• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KING CLUB
3 3

216 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2024 at 2:16 AM, OtherEric said:

That's what's known as keming.

What's keming?  Bad kerning.

I assure you if you're the one person in 1000 who knows what the heck I'm talking about there's at least a 1 in 3 chance you would be mildly amused by that...

I have no idea what the flick you're on about.

On 2/7/2024 at 12:20 AM, Yorick said:

Isn't kerning incorrect because we're having a problem with the vertical alignments, not horizontal....?

The spacing between the numbers is also off, but fair enough, it's not just the kerning.  I find it interesting that we seem to have different views on what the more obvious part of the problem is!

On 2/7/2024 at 9:17 AM, OtherEric said:

The spacing between the numbers is also off, but fair enough, it's not just the kerning.  I find it interesting that we seem to have different views on what the more obvious part of the problem is!

I had to look up kerning, so thanks for that!

I just looked up a printer glossary for "flick", but perhaps that's meant to be keming.

:Rocket:

On 2/11/2024 at 9:52 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I lost out on a copy of Flash Gordon #6 last week, as bidding concluded while I was at work. This week's bid should work out better. :wishluck:

Good luck Frozen, good luck.

On 2/11/2024 at 2:01 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Thanks, I know I was pleasantly surprised at the top flight artists employed by King Comics in the mid 60's, so I may pick up a few more.

I have a Flash Gordon 7 on the way, which is generally credited to Mac Raboy.  They really did bring in some great names

On 2/16/2024 at 5:03 PM, KirbyJack said:

Enjoying the King Club, O. Eric? 

Nice stuff. I didn’t know about the Prince Valiant; is it new art or Foster reprints, or what?

It's one of the reading library issues, GCD has it as Foster reprints.

Edit: and yes, I'm still enjoying the club.  MCS is a wonderful source of affordable books.

Edited by OtherEric

On 2/17/2024 at 4:11 AM, OtherEric said:

All today's books were from MCS.

Nice.

It's so hard to find any of those Beetles and Blondies with white background covers. They're almost always dingy looking. 

On 2/17/2024 at 1:39 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I was at the LCS today to pickup some supplies. I checked what they had for Flash Gordon, and they did have one King. However it was in horrible condition,  which is a new designation for comics in low grade but high price.

The designation may be new, but the phenomena is sadly not