• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this Book Look Strange to You?

53 posts in this topic

Why would they risk a negative when they have 100% positive feedback? Doesnt make sense.

Check out the feedback - he hasn't sold anything in a long while, so it might be hijacked or being run by someone else.

Why would they risk a negative when they have 100% positive feedback? Doesnt make sense.

Check out the feedback - he hasn't sold anything in a long while, so it might be hijacked or being run by someone else.

The 8.5 X-Men #100 has the same weird looking scan. 8.5 would be a strange choice for a scam.

It looks an image of an unslabbed but polybagged x-men 95 superimposed over a slabbed one with photoshop.

My thought also.

There's definitely something going on with that image and it isn't a case of new slab glare... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

The photo is sad for sure. The only things I can suggest is that the book does have an awful lot of space on the right side, and the label is awfully high into the top of the outer shell. In any event the barcode is easily readable so someone should call for graders' notes.

O/W everything looks ok and maybe they just having a bad scanner moment as we all have...

Has anyone seen anything else from this seller?

The photo is sad for sure. The only things I can suggest is that the book does have an awful lot of space on the right side, and the label is awfully high into the top of the outer shell. In any event the barcode is easily readable so someone should call for graders' notes.

O/W everything looks ok and maybe they just having a bad scanner moment as we all have...

i tend to agree with dr neff that there appears to be more space on the right edge than is possible. in the space that is visible, the interior right edge of the inner holder should be visible, IMHO...............

i tend to agree with dr neff that there appears to be more space on the right edge than is possible. in the space that is visible, the interior right edge of the inner holder should be visible, IMHO...............

All that being said, I don't see any reason to doubt this guy or his product. I mean look at the GS X-Men #1 7.5 - now that's a real barn burner of a forgery! 27_laughing.gif

Just looks like poor CGC QC on the XM 95 to me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif