• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Westfield Comic Boxes...
12 12

237 posts in this topic

Ok, on to the comics!  By popular request, starting this month, I'll be showing a lot more comics from each box.  Apologies in advance if some of this comes across as drek, but I'm trying to give a diverse flavor of what was being offered back then.  To keep the flow of images going, I'm also going to defer posting graded versions until they actually come back from CGC later on.  I will be sure to post them though, just not contemporaneously with the raw version.

Btw, if anyone is interested in any of the graded comics I've posted thus far, I'm going to be listing them in my eBay store in June.  You can find them by using the search term "Westfield".

On 5/19/2024 at 9:31 PM, EastEnd1 said:

But my absolute favorite treat from that month's Wizard is this fantastic capture of Stan Lee in a Superman costume!!

jun 2000 16.jpg

Gotta where shades!

On 5/19/2024 at 10:24 PM, EastEnd1 said:

And yet another Spider-Man #1 too... (though this one looks like a whacked version!)...

jun 2000 13.jpg

These are just 1-shots, kinda warped / different takes. Notice it's "MarvelS Comics" at the top, not Marvel. 

On 5/21/2024 at 11:55 PM, pmpknface said:

These are just 1-shots, kinda warped / different takes. Notice it's "MarvelS Comics" at the top, not Marvel. 

Ahh yes, hadn't caught that... thanks!

Now this purchase hits home for me as I was a corporate tax advisor working at one of the Big Four accounting firms at the time.  I was also, and remain, a big Beatles fan, so I'm sure George Harrison's "Taxman" was strumming through my head as I searched that month's catalog.  Can't say I've read this comic, but if it makes tax advisors bad-asses, I'm on board!   

jun 2000 19.jpg

On occasion, Westfield would offer signed copies of certain comics.  I'd imagine artists and writers, especially at smaller publishers, were happy to participate as Westfield had a pretty big subscriber base.  In this case, the presence of Kurt Busiek's signature on a new Image title rang opportunity to me so four copies were ordered.  Yet another speculative purchase that didn't work out...  

jun 2000 22.jpg

jun 2000 23.jpg