• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 CGC Grading Contest Season 3 Winter Edition (#9) Round 4
9 9

156 posts in this topic

Funny, I thought I saw a lot of similarities in those books, they all looked about the same or maybe 1/2 grade or so apart, but until now they never had 2 grades the same in the same round, so I felt the need to change a few just slightly.  Still, ill take the 4 points, better than my other rounds.   That Famous Funnies does show better than the rest though, just shows not all 5.0s are created equal. (shrug)

Edited by TC33

On 2/10/2024 at 8:56 PM, Axelrod said:

Swear I almost considered submitting all 5s with a :wavingwhiteflag:

As it was, I bounced over and under and only hit 1 bullseye.  6 pts.

I did the same but got 1 bull and scored 5 for a total of 28. I think that puts me middle of the pack somewhere.

2 bullseye which is my best round but got 7 points on the other 3.  I had the first one as a 3.5 which set the tone.  Was hoping for my 1st top ten finish but not to be.  There is always next time!  Congrats to the winners!

• Administrator
On 2/10/2024 at 9:56 PM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

trying to anticipate Mike's emoji's hidden meanings................

Even though there is a method to my madness, you will find this to be a very difficult task.  :preach: 

On 2/10/2024 at 7:36 PM, boron said:

5 bulls this round -  I initially had them clustered around 5.0 - the switched them to all to 5. (I lost the tie-breaker last year which I had at something like 4.5, 5.0,5.5, but they all ended up as 5.0s).

This contest I went  5,11 (4 under-graded),11 (all over-graded), 0  for the four rounds. 

Congrats on your perfect round!

On 2/10/2024 at 9:56 PM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

I had a 7      but showing signs of improvement ......which is what I'm doing this for and .....of course trying to anticipate Mike's emoji's hidden meanings................

Well I got the popcorn emoji this round….as in “let’s sit back and see how many fools overthink this one”

This fool. This fool right here 

On 2/11/2024 at 1:35 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

I had 3 points this round. Not sure if that's good enough for a top spot. 

(shrug)

Did think about putting all 5.0s also but talked myself out of it.

Puts you one point ahead of me, and I think we must be both close to the top, so well done to you sir!