• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upgrades and auto-renew
1 1

11 posts in this topic

My membership auto-renews in a couple of months.  While I would like to upgrade to Elite, the current form charges me the entire amount of an annual membership to upgrade, even though I am partway through the year.  I'm not inclined to do that.  Is there a way to get my membership to step up at the auto-renew date?

• Administrator

Hello @kcm54,

During the last month of your membership, you will receive an email regarding your renewal. At that time you can elect to upgrade or stay at the same level. Please note, at any time, upgrading from Premium to Elite, the full upgrade (minus a small discount for the unused months of membership) is due. Whether you upgrade now or at your expiration, the price will be roughly $280. The reason for this is that when you upgrade you receive a new expiration date to allow a full year of those benefits. Additionally, when you upgrade, you receive a NEW $150 credit to your account on top of the original discount. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions. 

So, if I were to upgrade now -- a month before the end of my term, and hadn't yet used my existing $150 credit, would I get a second credit added?

• Administrator

Hello @kcm54,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you would get the second credit added but the previous membership credit will still expire a year from the original sign-up date. For example, if you signed up on 5/15/23 and you decide to upgrade today the first credit will expire on 5/15/24 and your other one will be good until 4/15/25. 

• Administrator

Hello @PVOG,

Thank you for contacting us. Our Elite membership is $299 per year and when you are on auto-renew or decide to upgrade you will get a slight discount on the membership. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Two related questions:

1.  Recently, premium members gained a 10% discount.  What happens with a submission that was created prior to that point, but was delayed at a 3rd-party press so that it arrived at CGC after the discount was available?  Can the submission be granted the discount?

2.  Similarly, if a submission was created and sent to an external press with a 10% discount applied, but while it was at that external press, the member upgraded to Elite.  Can the 20% discount be applied when it finally arrives at CGC?

• Administrator

Hi @kcm54, for both questions, CGC will honor the discounts as long as the membership upgrade/member discount changes happen *prior* to the order being received by our facilities. If it's an order already in house and these changes are made, the changed discounts would not apply until the next order received.

Hello @Gary Douglas ORange, your membership is set to nonrenew on 06/22/24. At that time, you will be returned to a free account.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 4/18/2024 at 7:23 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hi @kcm54, for both questions, CGC will honor the discounts as long as the membership upgrade/member discount changes happen *prior* to the order being received by our facilities. If it's an order already in house and these changes are made, the changed discounts would not apply until the next order received.

Hello @Gary Douglas ORange, your membership is set to nonrenew on 06/22/24. At that time, you will be returned to a free account.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Please see order CGC4252546913, which entered your system on 11/27/2023 (at full price) but was not received by CGC until 4/2/2024 after the 10% discount was added to my then-existing premium membership.